Rino8

2 hours ago, Genie said:

After 54 Premier League games with Liverpool.

Klopp: W26, D16, L12
Rodgers: W26, D16, L12

That's all down to one man though. Luis Suarez. If Klopp had Suarez, they would be a force.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

That's all down to one man though. Luis Suarez. If Klopp had Suarez, they would be a force.

thats a pretty weak excuse in fairness. Klopp is meant to be a genius manager and Rodgers meant to be a David Brent type manager

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

thats a pretty weak excuse in fairness. Klopp is meant to be a genius manager and Rodgers meant to be a David Brent type manager

I think it's pretty clear, in retrospect, that Rodgers was non-trivially under-rated by both Liverpool fans and the media. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its no an excuse its fact. Put Suarez into any side in the world and he makes them better., Very few players ever have brought so much to a team like he did at Liverpool. Managers are only as good as their players.

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Its no an excuse its fact. Put Suarez into any side in the world and he makes them better., Very few players ever have brought so much to a team like he did at Liverpool. Managers are only as good as their players.

Klopp is getting good stuff out of Firmino..Clyne..Coutinho.....Lallana....Milner...what idiot manager signed them again? :D

Rodgers never recovered from that awful 2014 transfer window when he thought replacing Suarez with Rickie Lambert and Balotelli was somehow a good idea.

Other seasons though I thought he was fine. With him Liverpool would be in the top 6 so I really don't see much difference if Liverpool fall away now and finish 4th or 5th....I thought Klopp would be a better manager at the business end of seasons.

Clickety linkings

Breaking: Liverpool Have Banned The Sun For Its Hillsborough Coverage

Breaking: Liverpool Have Banned The Sun For Its Hillsborough Coverage

Liverpool have banned The Sun from all match coverage during and around games at Anfield. The Sun are also banned from the club's training ground in Melwood.

Press accreditations from any reporters covering games from The Sun will no longer be approved, and writers from The Sun will no longer be permitted to attend Liverpool home games - across all competitions - in their professional capacity.

Four days after the Hillsborough Disaster on 19 April 1989 - during which 96 people were killed during a fan crush at Sheffield Wednesday’s Hillsborough Stadium - The Sun ran a story headlined ‘The Truth’, in which it carried accusations from an anonymous policeman that Liverpool fans had "picked pockets of victims", "urinated on cops" and battered a policeman who was performing CPR on a victim.

These accusations have since been proven false. Last year, a jury found that the 96 victims were unlawfully killed. This followed a 27-year battle for justice led by the families of those lost.

Now almost 28 years on, Liverpool Football Club have taken action against the paper which flagrantly lied about its fans. As per The Guardian, the decision is understood to have been taken by Liverpool’s Boston-based owners, led by the financier John Henry, after club executives had discussions with families whose relatives were killed at Hillsborough.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Klopp is getting good stuff out of Firmino..Clyne..Coutinho.....Lallana....Milner...what idiot manager signed them again? :D

Rodgers never recovered from that awful 2014 transfer window when he thought replacing Suarez with Rickie Lambert and Balotelli was somehow a good idea.

Other seasons though I thought he was fine. With him Liverpool would be in the top 6 so I really don't see much difference if Liverpool fall away now and finish 4th or 5th....I thought Klopp would be a better manager at the business end of seasons.

I thought it came out that he was contractually under the thumb of the transfer committee there? I.e., I'm pretty sure I read that Martinez was all good to go until they told him that and told them to go and do one.

That was a truly shocking transfer window, especially given the previous season to build on. Made me laugh though, so thanks plopites!

Edited by villakram

2 hours ago, phily85 said:

Am i the only person that thinks the timigs something to do with the recent run of poor results

Klopp has been having a bit of a run-in with a "journalist" from the paper all season. That was 1st thing came to my mind when I heard it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phily85 said:

Am i the only person that thinks the timigs something to do with the recent run of poor results

Exactly what I thought as well 

• Like 2

Â