colin murray was his usual dickish self on talksport earlier but at least he admitted that he hadnt even heard of him until united were linked with him last month, didnt realise that vickery blogged last week that he hadnt heard of him until he moved to hoffenheim, completely slipped under his radar while at fluminese (obviously vickery should play FM ;) ) and its only in the last year that he's kicked off there

this is a huge gamble by liverpool, £29m for a player most have them have seen the 1st time yesterday on youtube, scored last night for brazil too i think, instantly labelled world class and screamed "its our year" at

coutinho - sturridge - firmino as a front three looks great on paper but they still need more in depth and a lot more in the defense

coutinho - sturridge - firmino as a front three looks great on paper but they still need more in depth and a lot more in the defense

Yeah a pal of mine reckons Firmino is "a statisticians wet dream". Whether that'll translate in the Prem or not very much remains to be seen.

Hoffenheim did pretty well out of this, they only paid 3m for him.

I know very little about him, other than hearing that he's really good, etc.. etc.. The main problem with coming as a relatively unknown quantity with a big price tag is that expectations are high from the beginning, if he doesn't hit the ground running then pressure will build in no time, especially with fans with the patience of Liverpool's. 

So they baulked at paying £32million for a proven premier league striker with 49 goals in 101 games yet spend £29million on a player who's record in Germany is 1 in 3/4 games and isnt proven in the premier league.

Strange.

So they baulked at paying £32million for a proven premier league striker with 49 goals in 101 games yet spend £29million on a player who's record in Germany is 1 in 3/4 games and isnt proven in the premier league.

Strange.

Those were my thoughts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/11697503/Liverpool-transfer-news-Nathaniel-Clyne-12.5m-deal-almost-done.html

"England full-back ready to become latest Southampton star to depart for Anfield as Liverpool continue busy recruitment programme"

That's another good quality signing for a good price. 

I watch a fair bit of bundesliga. Firmino was class season before last, bit inconsistant last season but did enough to get called up to the NT. Think he will do well over here and they unfortunately have a good player on their hands. Someone will come in for Kevin Volland somewhere down the line, another very good player at Hoffenheim.

Firmino - another overrated pile of shit 

Sorry to quote myself but I was a tad harsh. Ah well, I had consumed 6 pints  of cider at the time!

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â