Rino8

So Rodgers is expected to stay on. A lot of people are saying how Suarez made him look good which is very true to an extent, but I don't think Rodgers is a bad manager. He has had practically no fit strikers this season and still got Liverpool to 5th and was pushing for champions league. If they spend whatever money they have wisely (new defender, new midfielder, and a replacement for Sterling), I think they can break top 4. 

I still think Balotelli can be a good signing. He was brought in to play with Sturridge but that rarely happened due to injuries. Sturridge-Balotelli can be a very good partnership when fit.

I agree, considering the squad he has I think he's done a decent job this season. Even with Suarez last year, coming that close to winning the title exceeded expectations. They need to sort out whoever is buying their players because they have bought some utter shit for lots of money. If they get a sizeable chunk for Sterling they can't go pissing it all away again if they want to get in the Champions League.

To be fair 5th and knocked out in the 2 domestic cup semis. They are close with the right investment but I think their fans are not patient enough. Rogers will last 3 months of the new season and be hounded out.

Can he not buy his contract out? (Next club paying for it via signing on fee)

He won't need to, players have too much power, he'll be sold and get his move. If he goes to one of the top 4 then Liverpool can't really complain. Personally I don't think he's all that, terrible end product, reminds me of Aaron Lennon.

All players want to win things

Milner left us for that reason so did Barry

Sterling will not win anything at Liverpool any time soon so who can blame him if he wants out

He's too good not to be playing champions league football

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

All players want to win things

Milner left us for that reason so did Barry

Sterling will not win anything at Liverpool any time soon so who can blame him if he wants out

He's too good not to be playing champions league football

I'd hope if Benteke is considering Liverpool that he is looking very closely at this.

If he does go to City, and I expect that he will, then I bet he features in at least half of their league games next season. And by features I mean gets on to the pitch at some point in the game.

I had a remarkable discovery yesterday regarding Navas (as he's the one we assume Sterling will replace). I thought he was an underperforming fringe player.  Turns out he has featured in 34 of their league games this season and in the vast majority of them he has played in all or most of the game.  I really need to start watching more football.

City are not going to pay 40/50 mil and have him sitting on the bench. He'll be a replacement for Navas

Would be a good move for City. Navas is a good fit for La Liga, hopeless over here.

Sterling is absolute quality and whichever team he goes to will be better off for it.

• Like 1

Rodgers is determined he will finish his contract. It would be great if they refuse to sell for any amount and have a frustrated and irritated player forced to perform for them who is already not quite the player he is being made out to be yet. I can't see how this is going to pan out well for any party.

Which is brilliant.

This is Liverpool showing that they're not just shite at buying players, they're pretty shite at selling them too.  He will end up moving because he won't play for them and if he does he'll play shite.  They aren't allowed to make him rot in the reserves for an extended period of time or the PFA will step in and they'll get less for him at that point.  Admit your loss and let him move on and you get a fortune for him in the short term to re-invest as well as you are capable of doing ...

Lampards last prem game tommorow, won the lot broke goal scoring records from midfield, barely any mention anywhere

Well his was last year when he left Chelsea, so this loan is not the same.  It'll be the same when Steeeeevie G gets loaned back to Liverpool.

Â