Rino8

no he hasnt, the transfer committee spent the money. Rodgers has very little say in who comes in

I just can't believe for a second that a manager at a club like Liverpool does not get much say in who is signed.

Its like saying my wife does the shopping so I have very little say in what she brings home.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

its a common thing though, Ancelotti has little say that comes in and same with Barcelona and Bayern before Guardiola. At least them clubs have football people to decide the players and chief executive doesnt get involved

they were going for the Moneyball approach

Edited by Zatman

no he hasnt, the transfer committee spent the money. Rodgers has very little say in who comes in

I just can't believe for a second that a manager at a club like Liverpool does not get much say in who is signed.

Its like saying my wife does the shopping so I have very little say in what she brings home.

We all know you get little input into what she brings back ;)
  • Like 2

Im pretty sure rodgers has a say in who they sign and hes part of the "committee". I swear he tried to take credit of a signing from last summer and also said hes part of it. Cba to find quotes though. Hes tried to distant himself from it all though since Balo been aids

Edited by gharperr

Just purely as I said, Stevie’s worked brilliantly and it was more just to give him the acclaim of his last time playing here at Stamford Bridge and it was a great reception by the Chelsea supporters to him. He was outstanding, got his goal and a real general to the team he’s been.

The Chelsea supporters, obviously he’s been a thorn in their side over many, many years purely because he’s got star quality. He’s been a top player. But I think they recognised today the end of an era of a guy who’s a real special player and it was a nice send off to give him.

classic Rodgers

Gerrard's response to the Chelsea fans giving him a standing O is actually pretty funny.

"I was more happy with the ovation from the Liverpool fans," said Gerrard. "Chelsea fans have had respect for a couple of seconds today but have slaughtered me all game.
"I'm not going to get drawn into wishing Chelsea fans well. It was nice of them to turn up for once today."

Is it really? I'd imagine most other fans dislike Gerrard as much as most of us do. I'm pretty sure Villa fans would have taken the piss out of him too.

Maybe, but would you have made homemade banners in your spare time?

Is it really? I'd imagine most other fans dislike Gerrard as much as most of us do. I'm pretty sure Villa fans would have taken the piss out of him too.

Maybe, but would you have made homemade banners in your spare time?

Like our fans did when we relegated Newcastle?

I'm glad they didn't pass up the chance to stick it to that complete bell end one last time.

Edited by penguin

Â