Rino8

Does anyone else feel like, even if they do win the league this season, it's not that big of a deal?

They have messed up so many times in the last 20 odd years, now that they are likely going to win it it's a bit like 'meh, go on then - I don't care'.

I would have been majorly annoyed last season, but I couldn't care less now.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Does anyone else feel like, even if they do win the league this season, it's not that big of a deal?

They have messed up so many times in the last 20 odd years, now that they are likely going to win it it's a bit like 'meh, go on then - I don't care'.

I am the same. Don't really care anymore.

Just so happy we are back where we belong.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The further they get ahead, the more amusing it will be if it all goes wrong.*

Hide contents

*I think you have to say 'if' rather than 'when' this year, because 8 points is a big gap, but I live in hope.  

They have done this a few times in the last 5 or 6 years and still not managed to convert it into a title. An injury or 2 and it'll unravel quickly 🤞

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Yep, same.

A few years ago it would have been annoying because there were a few teams who were competitive.  This year it's like no-one wants it.  City have a great squad and should be in it, but they've won the last 2 years so their appetite will have lessened slightly.

Liverpool are the only team in the league who are in a position to win it, and they're absolutely desperate for it.  

Fair enough I say.

I'd have hated them to win any other time though, it's weird this year in like "meh, whatever".

Unpopular opinion on here, but a few of my good mates are Scousers, and I have a soft spot for Plop.

Yes they are insufferable words removed about all sorts of stuff (the natural Scouse "gift" for comedy is the one that always gets me, as so many of them are painful mood hoovering bores) but I like Klopp, and I like a fair few of their players - Firmino, Fabinho, van Dijk, Robertson, Trent, Mane, Milner... superb players with their heads screwed on.

I loved Milner at Villa, and I thought the way City used him was a shame. It's great to see him going well for Liverpool, often playing in his natural role as a box-to-box midfielder.

So I won't mind seeing them win the league. Their fans have had to wait so long for it, and it'll probably come so easily this season, that I think they might even be somewhat bearable. I actually think it will be an anticlimax for them.

• Like 1

one of the many the Liverpool fans I know isn't a scouser, he has a liverbird painted on his house, he drives a red van, wears red tracksuits to football, has never walk alone as his ringtone and every Thursday night after football sat arguing with a die hard man utd fan* for 2 hours in the pub

in kidderminster

I hope they never win the league again

*the utd fan is worse, he tries to join in the local team banter and bickering with "you're all shit compared to us" the Liverpool fan knows his place and doesn't join in

• Like 3

On 10/10/2019 at 00:52, KentVillan said:

Unpopular opinion on here, but a few of my good mates are Scousers, and I have a soft spot for Plop.

Yes they are insufferable words removed about all sorts of stuff (the natural Scouse "gift" for comedy is the one that always gets me, as so many of them are painful mood hoovering bores) but I like Klopp, and I like a fair few of their players - Firmino, Fabinho, van Dijk, Robertson, Trent, Mane, Milner... superb players with their heads screwed on.

I loved Milner at Villa, and I thought the way City used him was a shame. It's great to see him going well for Liverpool, often playing in his natural role as a box-to-box midfielder.

So I won't mind seeing them win the league. Their fans have had to wait so long for it, and it'll probably come so easily this season, that I think they might even be somewhat bearable. I actually think it will be an anticlimax for them.

I always thought Milner was overrated but I changed my opinion, he has done a wonderful job at Liverpool, hes rarely injured, always puts a performance in and is better penalty taker than Kane. A managers dream! Klopp must be a wonderful manager to play for! He is a great man manager and for him I want Liverpool to win the league. Probably 2 more years in Premier League then Stevie G will take over. 

On 10/10/2019 at 13:27, villa4europe said:

one of the many the Liverpool fans I know isn't a scouser, he has a liverbird painted on his house, he drives a red van, wears red tracksuits to football, has never walk alone as his ringtone and every Thursday night after football sat arguing with a die hard man utd fan* for 2 hours in the pub

in kidderminster

I hope they never win the league again

*the utd fan is worse, he tries to join in the local team banter and bickering with "you're all shit compared to us" the Liverpool fan knows his place and doesn't join in

Yep, I just refuse to discuss football with glory supporters. 

If an armchair Man Utd fan from the office tries to talk about football I either move the subject on to something else or give one word answers so the conversation dies. 

Funnily enough the Man Utd fans have been quieter in recent times. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

I always thought Milner was overrated but I changed my opinion, he has done a wonderful job at Liverpool, hes rarely injured, always puts a performance in and is better penalty taker than Kane. A managers dream! Klopp must be a wonderful manager to play for! He is a great man manager and for him I want Liverpool to win the league. Probably 2 more years in Premier League then Stevie G will take over. 

Lol that would be delicious. Alan Shearer at Newcastle Part II.

20 hours ago, PaulC said:

Interesting, did you not see him play for us?!?

57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bit diiferent as he is already a manager and doing a pretty good job at Rangers but to replace Klopp is like United replacing Busby and then Ferguson 

He is doing a good job? Has won nothing with a big budget

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

As much as i dislike them i do hope they batter Man Utd on Sunday

Man u are already in free fall, a 1 result wont change that. I'll be the typical man utd bandwagon fan on sunday!

32 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Man u are already in free fall, a 1 result wont change that. I'll be the typical man utd bandwagon fan on sunday!

Man Utd being in a genuine relegation battle would be brilliant though, and the more games Liverpool win before we play them the greater the chance that when they eventually drop points it will be to us*.

*this is not at all how probability works

• Like 1

Â