Rino8

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I remember the vomit inducing media spin for Gerrard final game for Liverpool in the FA Cup final on his birthday 

So many neutrals cheered Villa that day 😂

I remember after the final whistle, when Sherwood runs over to the panel covering the game.

You had the presenter, I don’t know, Dan Walker or maybe Jake Humphreys. Then for the Liverpool angle you had Michael Owen and Steve McManaman. The other two panel members to add a bit of balance were David James (come on he played for Villa nearly a third of the amount of time he did for Liverpool, balance!) and finally rounding out the panel so all views are covered in a Villa - Liverpool cup tie was none other than Mr Robbie Savage.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I remember after the final whistle, when Sherwood runs over to the panel covering the game.

You had the presenter, I don’t know, Dan Walker or maybe Jake Humphreys. Then for the Liverpool angle you had Michael Owen and Steve McManaman. The other two panel members to add a bit of balance were David James (come on he played for Villa nearly a third of the amount of time he did for Liverpool, balance!) and finally rounding out the panel so all views are covered in a Villa - Liverpool cup tie was none other than Mr Robbie Savage.

He might have been shit every Villa game but Richardson will always have be a positive memory for me because of that clearance 😂

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but 100 pts last season 98 this season.  If it wasn't for Liverpool it would have been so easy for them. Next season do you see any difference? 

I've always had a soft spot for City going back years so if I had a gun to my head and had to pick a team other than Villa to get zillionaire owners then I'd probably choose them.  If they then bought the title then I'd like them to do it playing the football they play with the players they have, rather than when Mourinho was basically going 2-0 up and snuffing out the opposition every game with Chelsea back in the day.  Obviously if we ever start competing for titles theni I'd **** hate them but until then, as long as it's them rather than Liverpool I'm perfectly fine with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I am not really bothered about Spurs winning it but City winning it year after year is now becoming boring and I find it annoying that they have been such poor representatives of English football in Europe. 

I shudder to think of Spurs winning it.

the majority of Spurs fans I know are complete clearings in the woods

• Like 2

Guest av1
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Just came to post that, absolutely sums up Liverpool fans. 

I know it's different for a lot of us but where I work, the plastic man ure fans are more obnoxious than the plastic scousers (I work in tamworth) so it will mildly amuse me whilst the man ure lot go in to meltdown with jealousy in particular when they consider their own crap season of non-achievement.

• Like 1

I don't think many would argue that Liverpool deserved to go through tonight, they were brilliant. 

I know three Brummie Liverpool fans of which I like two and dislike the other. Brummie Man Utd fans are just scutters. 

32 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Prepare for a media wankfest........

Yep ....ITV news are leading with it.....not the sports section the actual news headlines....ffs.....

Stinks of brown envelopes for me.

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Despite being a huge fan of Klopp and admiring several of their players, I share most football fans' disdain of Liverpool.

However, you can't really be surprised at the media response to such an incredible result and performance. This is football, and it's brilliant - even if it's not the team you were supporting. Barcelona were absolutely insipid, but Liverpool deserve huge praise. The sad thing is that it's so difficult to realistically imagine Villa in such a scenario, but there's no way we'd be questioning the media if we were. In fact, I think the term 'media wankfest' is universally used in a fit of jealousy as other teams/players get deserved praise for praiseworthy performances. Do we really expect "Oh yeah, Liverpool just turned around a 3-0 deficit against a strong Barcelona side, without two of their vaunted front three, by winning 4-0 to create another classic European night in front of their fans who created an incredible atmosphere... meh. Next game please."

Anyway, I hope Ajax smash them in Madrid!

Mate if it was villa - it wouldnt be national news headlines ...

Overdramtic ? ...I was on the coach home from highbury in 1981 ...we had just won our first league title in 71 years....headline worthy ???? Nah the sports coverage was of how liverpool had qualified for europe for a 7th consecutive year 

I got home and even my mom said what a pathetic bit of of coverage it got on TV...

Tonight reminds me of lance armstrongs 7 tour de france wins....if something seems to incredible to be real......it probably isnt....

Like I say ....brown envelopes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Â