celebrity cunts. why are they famous?

Jimzk5

This years Celebrity Big Brother - I only recognise 3 out of 12, so the other 9 who's names I don't know
But you looked though!

I wouldn't go near it, whether I'd heard of them or not.

One of my most hated songs of the 70s was The Stylistics' "(You Ought to be) a Star on a TV Show" - which was absolutely loved by the chav-equivalents of the day, and summed up everything about their sad lives. But at least they weren't actually given that opportunity.

Nowadays they are, to the eternal shame of the TV industry.

What's wrong with reality TV?

I don't give this television the time of day. If you watch, you will join in the conversation of 'guess what happened' etc. This is exactly what producers want you to think, that it's "car crash television", but that it's so crap it's worth watching. I for one refuse to even know what's going on or to acknowledge any of this utter, utter banal, vacuous shit that is constantly being pumped out to fill airtime in a vain attempt to boost ratings. Why has it become acceptable or fashionable to come across as stupid? Why would you want to exaggerate your stupidity live on television?

What's wrong with it? What the fecking bejaysus is RIGHT with it?

I don't give this television the time of day. If you watch, you will join in the conversation of 'guess what happened' etc. This is exactly what producers want you to think, that it's "car crash television", but that it's so crap it's worth watching. I for one refuse to even know what's going on or to acknowledge any of this utter, utter banal, vacuous shit that is constantly being pumped out to fill airtime in a vain attempt to boost ratings. Why has it become acceptable or fashionable to come across as stupid? Why would you want to exaggerate your stupidity live on television?

What's wrong with it? What the fecking bejaysus is RIGHT with it?

You put that exactly as I would so bravo sir...only I would have sworn a lot more

I don't see it as reality TV. The moment you stick an idiot in front of a camera they start acting differently.

This. Reality TV is not reality. Combine that with the fact most of it is staged and all you have is trash TV.

What makes me annoyed is that it's shows like this, then their smaller counter-parts such as Big Brothers, little brother etc that take up so much TV time which could be spent on better shows that get pushed to ridiculous time slots or given to smaller tv channels which don't get exposed much.

There used to be great some great comedy series' but the TV companies don't put money into them, because they get nothing back.

Compare this to the rubbish reality TV shows where you call in and vote.. from a business sense there's only one winner.

one day.. one day, people will become bored with it and it will change... one day..

I doubt it, its Cheap TV to make.

And there will always be sad words removed out there that want to be famous for achieving **** all and doing nothing with their lives.

What makes me annoyed is that it's shows like this, then their smaller counter-parts such as Big Brothers, little brother etc that take up so much TV time which could be spent on better shows that get pushed to ridiculous time slots or given to smaller tv channels which don't get exposed much.

There used to be great some great comedy series' but the TV companies don't put money into them, because they get nothing back.

Compare this to the rubbish reality TV shows where you call in and vote.. from a business sense there's only one winner.

On the flip side if it gives them the financial weight to go out and make good TV then it has its relative merits.

I barely watch "TV" these days thanks to the morons featured in this thread. I stream what I want to watch when I want to watch it, mostly legaly. No stress. I didn't even realise big brother was still going till a week or so ago.

When "reality" shows evolve to the stage where they're practically Running Man and all the nitwits and simpletons have to forfeit their lives for their 5 minutes of ill-gotten "fame", that's when I'll be watching with glee.

Â