Speculation: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

bickster

I would take either on loan, as long as we have the option to buy at the end of it. Otherwise it's pointless loaning players from other teams in the PL. I would rather loan from abroad if we aren't going to have an option to buy at the end of the deal...

Defoe on loan would be a brilliant idea. I reckon he's got about 2 more years of 15+ goals and I don't know how keen on a 2/3 year deal he'd be so he could really plug a gap for us for the season without a huge outlay and let Henke identify someone special for next summer.

Would of been a great signing in 2005-2009 but now I think it is a bit too late. I actually rate him, and for those criticising his goal return last season, how many games did he actually start? He has always had a good goal return, but he is 30 in October.

It is best to look elsewhere.

Defoe might like the cars, the clothes and the clunge but when it comes to football i just don't get why people criticise his attitude and think he's an arrogant billy big bollocks...

he's only ever played for Spam, Spurs and Portsmouth and i haven't seen his name all over the press for complaining when he isn't playing...

he's been in and out of the team at Spurs and always produced the goods when called upon...

he's also had three deaths hit his family and he appears to be a strong character who allows his football to heal him...

Redknapp says he is a great trainer and looks after himself physically...

and he scored 17 goals last year...

im not saying he's the best option for us but people questioning his attitude must purely be basing it on the glamour models he likes to shag...coz when you look at his career he hasn't let anybody down

Defoe to me is a guy that could easily score 30-40 goals for us during his stay here, and yes he could do a Heskey on us when he hits 31-32 but to me all signs point to him still being a scoring threat even then. People call Bent one of the best finishers in the league, well Defoe is right up there with him. Defoe could only have two good seasons left, but if he scores 15+ in each not counting the 15-20 Bent is normally good for in a season then we would be a massive threat. Villa need a player like Defoe and yes it would have been great to get him at 26 not 29, but at 29 he's still one of the best strikers in the league and will be for 2-3 years yet.

Defoe to me is a guy that could easily score 30-40 goals for us during his stay here, and yes he could do a Heskey on us when he hits 31-32 but to me all signs point to him still being a scoring threat even then. People call Bent one of the best finishers in the league, well Defoe is right up there with him. Defoe could only have two good seasons left, but if he scores 15+ in each not counting the 15-20 Bent is normally good for in a season then we would be a massive threat. Villa need a player like Defoe and yes it would have been great to get him at 26 not 29, but at 29 he's still one of the best strikers in the league and will be for 2-3 years yet.

agreed...

if the deal holds up financially Defoe would be a real asset....

his age is not an issue for me...

Defoe is one of those players that could go to 34 or 35 at the top level...

very very fit