Ni no Kuni

hogso

47 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'd forgotten how much the game opens up with the Travel spell. So much easier to get to the different side missions and Bounty Hunts.

Please tell me this happens soon!? 😂

I've just been accepted to get on the boat.

Finally got my perfect Familiar set up today. Took a good few days of grinding but its safe to say I'm now doing ridiculous damage 😀

3 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Can we talk about the "giving birth" bit?

😂

Loved that bit!!!! 😁

Just now, Designer1 said:

Finally got my perfect Familiar set up today. Took a good few days of grinding but its safe to say I'm now doing ridiculous damage 😀

Loved that bit!!!! 😁

Still getting used to the Familiar side of things, not sure I've got s strategy yet 😕 what is your main Familiar?

And the going birth thing, me too, absolutely hilarious 😅

22 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Still getting used to the Familiar side of things, not sure I've got s strategy yet 😕 what is your main Familiar?

Oliver - Catastroceros (Dinoceros), Najapatra (Naja), Puss in Boats (Purrloiner). Replace Purrloiner post story with Scrapdragon(Sapdragon)

Esther - Grimray (Hooray), Wimpeafowl (Sleepafowl), Wildwood (Lumberwood)

Swaine - Bone Baron (Bonehead), Phantasma (Girlfiend), Paleolith (Monolith)

Brackets = First form.

Grind for the Dinoceros as soon as you can fly. Absolute game changing Familiar.

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Oliver - Catastroceros (Dinoceros), Najapatra (Naja), Puss in Boats (Purrloiner). Replace Purrloiner post story with Scrapdragon(Sapdragon)

Brackets = First form.

Grind for the Dinoceros as soon as you can fly. Absolute game changing Familiar.

Good luck!

Nice one, thank you! 😁

Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh!  Finally got the long-awaited hearts around a Dinoceros, but before I could serenade it, it got hit by the atrocious AI from one of the familiars and died!   Noooooooo!!!!!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh!  Finally got the long-awaited hearts around a Dinoceros, but before I could serenade it, it got hit by the atrocious AI from one of the familiars and died!   Noooooooo!!!!!

Oooooo, what a bastard! He was a sod to train on this playthrough. I reckon it was 6-7 hours of grinding the bugger.

He is however, well worth the effort - particularly if you give him the Ear Splitter power.

Little tip for those on there first playthrough (as I assume people who have played before will already be aware)

Once you get to Perdida, if you want some seriously massive XP boosts then go and farm the Tokotoko mobs that sometimes hang around just down the hill from the town. You may need to cast the Veil spell as they usually run away before you get to them, but it's worth the effort as they give you around 9k XP each! If there aren't any there, just cast Travel and go back to the gate outside Perdida and walk down the hill again.

Edited by Designer1

5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I think this has to go into my top 5 of all time. 

Persona 4 was another I bought due to a VT member, maybe @hogso ?? I can't remember.

I need to listen more.

Possibly. I do tend to bang on about games I enjoy on here, and I've enjoyed the Persona series since P3 FES, which I remember digging out my ps2 for, cos I got it at the back end of 08, not long after it was released. 

Sometimes my excitement and persistence will work, with games like this, Persona and SARPBC/Rocket League - but sometimes it won't with games like Valkyria Chronicles and Forgotton Anne. 

My current crusade is Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel, which is very similar to Persona, but is a much harder sell as it's way slower paced. 

I'm not sure where NNK would stack up in my all time favourites list. I'm pretty sure I could name 5 JRPGs I liked more than it though, so on that basis...maybe it'd be top 10, or 20?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2019 at 07:31, hogso said:

Possibly. I do tend to bang on about games I enjoy on here, and I've enjoyed the Persona series since P3 FES, which I remember digging out my ps2 for, cos I got it at the back end of 08, not long after it was released. 

Sometimes my excitement and persistence will work, with games like this, Persona and SARPBC/Rocket League - but sometimes it won't with games like Valkyria Chronicles and Forgotton Anne. 

My current crusade is Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel, which is very similar to Persona, but is a much harder sell as it's way slower paced. 

I'm not sure where NNK would stack up in my all time favourites list. I'm pretty sure I could name 5 JRPGs I liked more than it though, so on that basis...maybe it'd be top 10, or 20?

Legend of Heroes will be on my list now 😁

I'm loving NNK, nearly 85 hours now.

On 16/10/2019 at 15:18, Designer1 said:

Little tip for those on there first playthrough (as I assume people who have played before will already be aware)

Once you get to Perdida, if you want some seriously massive XP boosts then go and farm the Tokotoko mobs that sometimes hang around just down the hill from the town. You may need to cast the Veil spell as they usually run away before you get to them, but it's worth the effort as they give you around 9k XP each! If there aren't any there, just cast Travel and go back to the gate outside Perdida and walk down the hill again.

👏👏👏

spacer.png

On 27/10/2019 at 11:58, avfcDJ said:

Legend of Heroes will be on my list now 😁

Considering the release of the third Cold Steel game last week, it's thread worthy, so I'll get one going. I post a sufficient health warning there... 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 22:20, Designer1 said:

Brackets = First form.

Good luck!

Finally getting close to this collection 👍

Â