Ni no Kuni

hogso

I read somewhere it takes about 200 treats for the 4th and 300 hundred for the 5th heart, I only bothered doing it to a couple of familiars, also went mad on the items that the familiar loved and then at the end when I was chasing the max level trophy I could just give them the top item and they shot through the levels rather than grinding it (for example all I ever gave the one familiar was chocolate, maxed the hearts, gave him one top sundae and he went up about 8 levels)

id plan it if you are going for the platinum, you need to be doing the treats / familiar numbers / alchemy all at the same time otherwise you'll go mad, the only disappointing part of that was I never really used marcassin

• 10 months later...

Bought a copy each for my two girls - I'm a popular dad at the moment  :D

It is an absolute pittance to pay for such a wonderful game though, definitely one of the best things i've played in the last decade.

• 1 year later...

Having a second play through of this at the moment to try and get the Plat trophy.

It really is up there with my favourite games of all time, and I think i've enjoyed it even more this time around.

I'll be a happy chap if they create something similar for the PS4.

• Like 1

Hopefully seeing as they flogged it on PSN for dirt cheap and it rightfully got on a fair few lists of best PS3 games it finally got the audience it deserved and the demand for a sequel will be there, it sold more than double the DS game so hopefully they won't do one of them instead, unfortunately though I think level 5's yo-Kai watch games sell like hot cakes and make them crazy money so they will do another one of those instead

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 15/09/2015 at 13:24, villa4europe said:

saw this thread had been updated and was expecting (hoping) that there had been some sort of announcement at TGS :(

Well, there was an announcement at E3 and the game is coming to Switch. Common consensus is that this game is better than Ni No Kuni 2? I put 60 hours into that with the daughter and while I didn't love the ending the game was good fun. I'll almost certainly be picking up the re-release. 

Given the amazing recommendations on here about this game, I'm interested in the re-release on the Switch.

But I generally hate turn based games. They suck any fun out of games.

So I'm reluctant.

Change my mind.

did you play pokemon? think I said in here before this to me always felt like the game I wanted pokemon to evolve in to (pun intended)

the "fun" for me comes from the addictive nature of collecting all the creatures (cant remember what they're called) and then levelling them up, the game isn't crazy hard, combat is better than it looks, the looks are incredible and the story whilst simple really works, the world is great

its the same reason that I loved the old gran Turismo games despite not really being overly interested in racing, that addictive nature of levelling up, earning something new so you can take on a slightly harder challenge, it hooked me completely 

33 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Well, there was an announcement at E3 and the game is coming to Switch. Common consensus is that this game is better than Ni No Kuni 2? I put 60 hours into that with the daughter and while I didn't love the ending the game was good fun. I'll almost certainly be picking up the re-release. 

The first game isn't even in the same league as the sequel. In fact, it's not even the same sport. It's way, way better.

The first game is comfortably in my top five games of all time.

I'll be buying it again on ps4 and I've finished the ps3 version twice.

It's a god damn masterpiece. 

Edited by Designer1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

did you play pokemon? think I said in here before this to me always felt like the game I wanted pokemon to evolve in to (pun intended)

the "fun" for me comes from the addictive nature of collecting all the creatures (cant remember what they're called) and then levelling them up, the game isn't crazy hard, combat is better than it looks, the looks are incredible and the story whilst simple really works, the world is great

its the same reason that I loved the old gran Turismo games despite not really being overly interested in racing, that addictive nature of levelling up, earning something new so you can take on a slightly harder challenge, it hooked me completely 

Nope. I didn't play pokemon for that exact reason, I hate turn based games. They're really boring. Same reason I never like FFVII despite people saying it's the best game ever.

But this game looks so good and has got such good reviews, both on here and elsewhere, that I'm tempted to give it a go anyway.

Â