Henke Joins Villa as Head of Scouting

dudevillaisnice

This is the best villa related news I've seen since we appointed Lambert. At least we are looking at the whole of Europe. It will open up so many options without us having to break the bank on British mediocrity.

As we don't have a bottless pit of cash that people are so desperate for what's wrong with freeing up some cash by getting rid of shit players and their contracts for players that are wanted.

Well yes, clearly it would make sense if we are broke or Lerner isn't prepared to spend.

Which is why I said the idea we have plenty of money and Randy is prepared spend decent money doesn't make sense.

Nice interview from the man in question. Seems a smart and likable sort of bloke.

But let's face it: Head of European Scouting for Aston Villa? It's like being head of the Bolivian navy.

He's probably lighting cigars and chuckling to himself as he recites his job title under his breath.

If we have made a big name in football circles as our head of scouting I wonder if Randy intends to spend some of his Cleveland Browns money after all.

Surely we would not appoint somebody like Henke and say go and find a load of Bosmans????

you know what, if they're really good bosmans who gives a toss :P

done bit of digging due to this comment from Henke ''This is a similar role to one I held at Bayern. Our objective will be to identify young players who have a good future and a good mentality.''

he might have been involved with Mario Basler arriving and Bixente Lizarazu The World Cup Winning Left Back arriving from Athletic Bilbao..

if he was.. impressive indeed :D

As we don't have a bottless pit of cash that people are so desperate for what's wrong with freeing up some cash by getting rid of shit players and their contracts for players that are wanted.

Well yes, clearly it would make sense if we are broke or Lerner isn't prepared to spend.

Which is why I said the idea we have plenty of money and Randy is prepared spend decent money doesn't make sense.

The penny just isn't dropping for you is it big john

Nice interview from the man in question. Seems a smart and likable sort of bloke.

But let's face it: Head of European Scouting for Aston Villa? It's like being head of the Bolivian navy.

He's probably lighting cigars and chuckling to himself as he recites his job title under his breath.

He is old enough to remember that some time in the early 80s we beat Bayern Munich to win a certain cup.

What is the point of employing a top new scout if there is no money to support his judgement?

I'm 100% sure signings will be made from suggestions made by this guy.

I was just disagreeing that it means Lerner is going to spend a significant amount in the future.