Number Series problem

Kiwivillan

I can't see a pattern. My guess is it's gong to be something not directly related to the sequence.

Like the years England won the world cup (obviously it's not that, but you take my point.)

Anyone good with number series?

Can't figure this one out

10, 16, 12, 8, 16, x

x can be 12 or 32 or 20 or 18

Can't make a case for any of them?

I would say the answer is 32.

10 add 6 = 16, 6 add 6 =12.

8 add 8 =16, 16 add 16 = 32

42 is meaning of life. For Brain Challenge fund raising thing at work. We went mad trying to figure it out and just went with 12 for pattern matching. Was correct. Very annoying as not a number series at all.

eh? so its just a random set of numbers from a random document somewhere?

so its not actually solvable using your brain, which defeats the point of it being in a Brain Challenge.

tell the organisers "FAIL".

eh? so its just a random set of numbers from a random document somewhere?

so its not actually solvable using your brain, which defeats the point of it being in a Brain Challenge.

tell the organisers "FAIL".

Frustrating indeed. Not arithmetic or geometric. Not even red herring repeated numbers if removed a series appears. Just silly pattern.

I usually ace number patterns testing (stupid financial institutes made me do so many when I was trying to get a grad job), this one doesn't seem to make any sense.

If I had to say something I would go with 18.

The pattern seems to follow every second number. so from 10 we go +2 then from 12 we go +4 and then from 16 it would go +6.

Then 10 to 16 is +6, 12 to 8 is -4 and then 16 to x would be +2.

I'm definitely reaching but thats the best justification I could come up with for any answer.

Â