Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Can't see us winning. Would definitely take a draw but I think West Ham will sneak it 2-1.

Great memories from this fixture. It was the first away game that me and my mates went to without "grown ups". We were all still at school, 15-16 at the time and whenever we'd gone to away games before it was always with dads or uncles etc. It was a League Cup game in 1999 or 2000. It was a night game and we won 3-1. Some funny stuff happened that I shall never forget. Pleased to say that 12 years later I still go to away games with these same mates too!

A loss really would put a downer on the whole 'fresh start, new era' vibes about the place. Really is an important game when you think about it. Very winnable but for the umpteenth season in a row, our strength in depth is concerning me. Make us happy this wkend and let me be able to terrorise at work on monday..

West Ham 1-2 Aston Villa (Noble (p) - Bent 2)

With the injuries we have and the number of smallish or younger players, I think there's a chance they'll just out power us in this one - I think it'll be a competition based around how well we can keep the ball. It'll be interesting and I think we'll either get a high scoring draw or lose by a couple.

Positives, New manager, new players look good in pre season, no Heskey, Hutton and Warnock seemingly out of the picture.

Negatives, We already have a taster of injuries, how many more can this small squad take?, as said small squad, playing a newly promoted team away.

It will be a difficult game and I can't get the visions of Newcastle away out of my mind, I just hope those players who were playing that day have.

Hope for at least a draw maybe 1-1 but who knows? Under PL it seems we will at least try to win and for that I'm already thankful!

Can't see us getting anything from the game

They are a physical side and have too much in the middle of the pitch they will be direct and we all know how we like to concede goals from set pieces and high balls judged by preseason this hasn't changed or improved much

2 - 1 West Ham

Can see us lining up in a narrow 4231

Shay

Lowton

Vlaar

Clark

Lichaj

KEA

Gards

CNZ

Ireland

Bannan

Bent

And winning 2-1

Switch Gardner for Delph and that's probably the starting XI. I dont know why but Lambert likes Delph over Gardner and Bannan in that spot.

**** hell what happened to all that optimism???

It's Bubble Blower United not Bayern Munich

We have a better manager but we only just avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth last season and haven't really strengthened the squad.

I don't expect to pick up many points away from home this season. We are still a pretty poor team. Investment is sadly lacking and our results will show that.

Opening games are tough to predict, this one more so due to them being a promoted side and us having a new manager and players. Our team looks weak, it could be a long season, but I rate Lambert highly.

......................Given.......................

Lowton.....Vlaar......Clark.........Lichaj

................KEA......Bannan..............

.........Holman..Ireland..N'Zogbia......

......................Bent......................

1-1.