Albrighton to miss start of season

LeafyVilla

It's going to be interesting with Albrighton under Lambert, he's our most out-and-out winger and I'm not sure how/where/when Lambert may use him, I'm not saying he won't necessarily but I'm keen to see what happens.

The only thought I have is that possibly, Albrighton, Holman and Gabby may vie for two spots.

I really do believe Marc is a quality player and will have a great year. Having a big target man in the middle will suit Marc very well. Give the guy confidence and he will succeed.

Agreed, he will actually have someone to aim for now.. Benteke and Albrighton could be a very dangerous combo, and with bent playing of Benteke as well, our attacking options look a lot brighter.

I really do believe Marc is a quality player and will have a great year. Having a big target man in the middle will suit Marc very well. Give the guy confidence and he will succeed.

Agreed, he will actually have someone to aim for now.. Benteke and Albrighton could be a very dangerous combo, and with bent playing of Benteke as well, our attacking options look a lot brighter.

I think we may see one of Albrighton/Agbonlahor/Holman starting a game and one of them coming off the bench.

Agbonlahor may be in competition with Benteke/Bent/Weimann but I have thoughts he'll be in a group competing with Marc and Brett instead.

It just seems to be Lambert sees those three as different players for one function in his team of chasing after opposition and closing them down whilst off the ball and driving forward with the ball and either crossing it over or having a pop themselves.

Well Albie has tweeted that he is ready to start training again and is comping at the bit to get to it. Great news this as I truely beleive Albie will flourish under Lambert. We all know how hard he works and how quick he is to close down, so if he can get his delivery back to where it should he would make a nice alternative to Holman as someone that can provide width and penetration down that right hand side, while being nearly as hard working!

he will actually have someone to aim for now.. Benteke and Albrighton could be a very dangerous combo.

Yep. Assuming we see the Albrighton of 18 months ago, who had a great shot on him and was a brilliant crosser. If he gets his crossing back he'll be perfect for coming off the bench when PL decides we need width.

he will actually have someone to aim for now.. Benteke and Albrighton could be a very dangerous combo.

Yep. Assuming we see the Albrighton of 18 months ago, who had a great shot on him and was a brilliant crosser. If he gets his crossing back he'll be perfect for coming off the bench when PL decides we need width.

I have faith Lambert will bring the best out of him ;)

Â