Albrighton to miss start of season

LeafyVilla

No pace, no trickery, no footballing brain and should try to be more like Bentley. Do you even **** watch football?

LOL this made me laugh.

Bentley was on loan at MK Dons last season wasn't he? So not really a good example to follow.

I think he has more pace than 'no pace', I agree that he doesn't have much of a trick.

Worryingly, his crossing was often very poor last season, his one true asset.

If Lambert can fire him up I think he could be decent for us, but I doubt he'll ever be a regular or particularly vital player for us.

I think Albrighton is a good definition of a confidence player.

8pints, I have never seen anyone make such a concerted effort to be the last comment in every thread in the last page. Every morning I wake up and all the way down it says 8pints and now it looks like you are making an afternoon run at it.

What do you win when you do it?

:) I didn't start off to doing it on purpose and was completely oblivious, it was my enthusiasm for our wonderful club that drove me on to have so much to say, but I did notice I'm always the last commenter on a majority (It actually isn't every single thread, almost, but not all) of subjects.

And also, again not all but the majority of the time, I'm replying to something someone else has said and/or trying to see what other fans think of specific situations as the perspective changes and new infomation comes to light. :)

It's also because normally I don't get many chances in the day (Or night :) ) to get on so I like to get my moneys' worth.

And like you say, to be fair, it's normally 4am in the morning when no one else is on and you must be one of the normal early risers who wakes to find my 'golden trail'. (Not wee)

What do I win? Replies from and correspondence with such people as yourself.

But I'm away on holiday (Hence the afternoon session today) from Saturday to next Saturday so I shall have a break (And you'll have a break :) ) from the internet.

I suppose after all that, the simple answer is that I enjoy it :) (Commenting not being last commenter :D )

----

Albrighton does have a good cross on him and he is direct and determined, but, crucially, it's when he is full of confidence.

He seems to be very much an arm around the shoulder, type of player and he is still young stepping up to the first team from the youth.

I think he may also slightly be a victim of 'second season' syndrome' he had great debut season where he burst on to the scene looking explosive and dynamic and a great addition to our squad.

Then he had a season where oppositions had sussed him out and he needed a plan B without the guidance of Downing and Ashley Young or any of quality from the management.

This hopefully will be a good season for Albrighton with a manager who likes to encourage young players.

No pace, no trickery, no footballing brain and should try to be more like Bentley. Do you even **** watch football?
Perhaps cut out the moronic swearing too, since under-18's may actually view your childish post.

He is a one-paced player, very little turn of pace that is vital for a winger who tries to beat a man which Albrighton often does. Very little development I've seen so far from his on-field intelligence, still gives away silly fouls and often caught out positioning-wise. The reference to Bentley was a Bentley with work-ethic, pre-Spurs obviously when he was in the England squad. Any person with half a brain cell could have figured out that the Bentley reference was not to anything near his recent form, but instead those with a memory longer than a Alzheimer-riddled goldfish may be able to understand the reference.

Albrighton has masses of potential IMO but he is let down at the moment by certain aspects of his play. His defending is woeful and he constantly exposes his full back. Added to that he seems almost like a one trick pony where the opposition has sussed out his trick. His crossing which was his strength under Houllier became his Achilles heal under McLeish.

I have categorically not given up on him but its make or break this season for him. Personally I would cut him a bit of slack based on our last manager but he really really needs to work on his all round game.

Perhaps cut out the moronic swearing too, since under-18's may actually view your childish post.

He is a one-paced player, very little turn of pace that is vital for a winger who tries to beat a man which Albrighton often does. Very little development I've seen so far from his on-field intelligence, still gives away silly fouls and often caught out positioning-wise. The reference to Bentley was a Bentley with work-ethic, pre-Spurs obviously when he was in the England squad. Any person with half a brain cell could have figured out that the Bentley reference was not to anything near his recent form, but instead those with a memory longer than a Alzheimer-riddled goldfish may be able to understand the reference.

Meh the under 18's swear on here more than anybody. I don't agree with your assessment of Albrighton and I can think of brilliant players Albrighton could look to in order to improve, Bentley wouldn't be one.

Shame really, the one local youngster who could be classed as a true Villan as well, which is definitely a rarer thing than you'd see at Liverpool/Newcastle etc.

Gabby?

Shame really, the one local youngster who could be classed as a true Villan as well, which is definitely a rarer thing than you'd see at Liverpool/Newcastle etc.

Gabby?

Gabby is an established first-teamer, not a youngster looking to break into the team.

i quite like albrighton, theres a good player in there somewhere, hopefully he will show us that side this season.

He might not have been able to flourish under mcleish but hopefully its different now with lambert!

and he just had his first kid this spring, big things going on in players personal life will have an effect on their footballing performance!

one thing stood out for me last season. Forget who we were playing.

An attack broke down and they got the ball to the full back at the side of their penalty area.

Albrighton went to close him down.

McCleish was jumping up and down on the touchline screaming his head off and pointing at the halfway line.

He clearly wanted Albrighton to get back and defend, when most would think defending from the front was the thing to do.

Is it any wonder that Albrighton's positional sense on the field was affected with that muppet in charge?

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to be the forgotten man at the moment... whens he due back? When back to full fitness I am really looking forward to super Marc playing under Lambo... anyone else optimistic about this? I think he is still very talented, and just watched a couple of videos of him on youtube... the ability is there and don't think you can just lose ability just like that. He'll come back better than ever I feel!

If Lambert keeps going with the 4-3-1-2 formation, with Ireland in the hole, there is not room for Albrighton, because this formation requires three CM.

But Lambert is very versatile, sometimes at Norwich he played with one or two wingers, so I think that if Ireland continues to be so lazy he could be dropped in favour of Super Mark in a 4-4-2 formation.

In Lambert I trust.

He was poor last season but there were still glimmers of ability that suggest with better coaching he could yet be a good premier league player.

He had a good spell over xmas, scored vs Bolton, Arsenal and Bristol Rovers and played welll at Wolves.

He was also a major catalyst in us getting back to 2-2 in the Chelsea home game after coming on...look at how he ran at Ivanovic and crossed it in for Lichaj to score.

But then there were also so many games when he started and barely got into the game.

Second seasons are usually much tougher for young players so yep this is the big season for him.

Houllier was a shit manager who played tactics that didn't suite MA, he played well

McLeish was an unbelievably shit manager who played tactics that REALLY didn't suit MA,he played not quite so well. Especially given the second season scenario on top of that.

He'll be like a new signing, mark my words

He'll come good under Lambert, Better than CNZ anyway.

I really do believe Marc is a quality player and will have a great year. Having a big target man in the middle will suit Marc very well. Give the guy confidence and he will succeed.

Â