What Will the World Look Like...

maqroll

I don't know, I like to think that by then medical science will have advanced so far that major killers like heart disease and cancer will have been more or less defeated, while the pace of ageing will have been greatly reduced.

Gingers will have become extinct.

On a similar note, I read that blonde hair will be almost extinct within 3 generations.

Find that hard to believe tbh.

I've read something similar. Blonde hair is dying out.

I think they said Scandinavia (predictably) will be where the last natural blondes will be.

But yeah, they are "dying out".

(of course that won't stop people dying their hair blonde, so we'll still have them all over the place)

Wikipedia thinks it's all a hoax

• 4 months later...

There will have been one catastrophic natural disaster that will have wiped out a lot of people.

Yep, apart from the fact that, as you say, we're overdue a big natural disaster, more specifically we're not only overdue a pandemic, but living in increasing proximity to one another we're increasingly at risk of one.

As any chicken or salmon farmer could tell you, packing a species close together is an invitation for diseases and viruses to spread. All we can hope is that our own loved ones and ourselves will be among the lucky when the inevitable comes along. Fun times.

How very uplifting! Reminds me of when I went to see Bill Bailey perform two or three years ago, and he started his show with the statement (which I have since found online, although I thought it was slightly more drawn out that this) - "Of course, the universe is gradually slowing down isn't it? And will eventually collapse inwardly on itself according to the laws of entropy, when all thermal and mechanical functions fail. Thus rendering all human endeavour ultimately pointless... Just to get the gig into some kind of context."

How very uplifting! Reminds me of when I went to see Bill Bailey perform two or three years ago, and he started his show with the statement (which I have since found online, although I thought it was slightly more drawn out that this) - "Of course, the universe is gradually slowing down isn't it? And will eventually collapse inwardly on itself according to the laws of entropy, when all thermal and mechanical functions fail. Thus rendering all human endeavour ultimately pointless... Just to get the gig into some kind of context."

Bill Bailey's funny. He's got this kindof undulating whistle he does that makes you instantly think of UFO's or some sci-fi scanner device thingy. I've practised for hours and can't match the way he does it. Great party piece if you can get it right.

It's not true though. The universe isn't just inflating, the rate of inflation is increasing.

I don't know, I like to think that by then medical science will have advanced so far that major killers like heart disease and cancer will have been more or less defeated, while the pace of ageing will have been greatly reduced.

If part one (cure cancer / heart disease) happens without part two (slowing the pace of ageing) we'll be in massive trouble. (well, even more massive trouble than we already are)

Â