Hobbies

irreverentad

Here's what I enjoy doing:

1) Watching and creating films - Bit specific this one, yet I'm a massive film fan. Try watching through the extras on a DVD to see how films were made. Maybe even try making your own.

2) Drawing - You may be good at drawing if you give it a go (or something similar like painting). I find it very relaxing.

3) Reading - Nothing eats up time quite like reading and if you've got a good imagination then you can get lost in a book.

4) Travel - If you've got the money then go and see as many places as you can. Nothing is more amazing than going to foreign countries and soaking it all in. The next one is useful if you travel too...

5) Photography - It really is easy to get into and can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. It makes you look at things in a different way and often appreciate them more.

Apart from the obvious exercise ones (I run and do a bit of mountain biking) I like to do mostly creative activities/hobbies.

I like to write (short stories mostly) although I'm working on a novel/script concurrently, but that is the definition of a long term project (three years so far). Writing of course has the advantage of being a 'cheap as chips' hobby as something to note your babbling ideas on is all you need.

I also dabble in oil painting, and usually produce a couple of canvases a year. Again, it's reasonably cheap to get into and (for me at least) immensely satisfying.

One thing I am looking forward to, though it's months down the line at the moment, is unpacking and finally building my studio. All the equipment I bought in my Uni days has never seen the light of day as I've never had room to set it up properly. The second that small bedroom is clear, it's going up. Course, I'll have to re-learn how to actually use the bloody stuff.

Here's what I enjoy doing:

1) Watching and creating films - Bit specific this one, yet I'm a massive film fan. Try watching through the extras on a DVD to see how films were made. Maybe even try making your own.

2) Drawing - You may be good at drawing if you give it a go (or something similar like painting). I find it very relaxing.

3) Reading - Nothing eats up time quite like reading and if you've got a good imagination then you can get lost in a book.

4) Travel - If you've got the money then go and see as many places as you can. Nothing is more amazing than going to foreign countries and soaking it all in. The next one is useful if you travel too...

5) Photography - It really is easy to get into and can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. It makes you look at things in a different way and often appreciate them more.

You are David Sullivan and I claim my £5.

I make plastic models, 95% is of WW II stuff.
My main thing as a lad, that was. What do you make - Planes? Tanks? Pictures required.

A small collection of pictures of past and current projects.

I had about 30 spare sim cards to make something with and this is what I came up with.

Thoughts ?

DropB

My main thing as a lad, that was. What do you make - Planes? Tanks? Pictures required.

I had about 30 spare sim cards to make something with and this is what I came up with.

Thoughts ?

DropB

Er, it's very... impressive.

But TBH I'm far more interested in PussEKat's WWII stuff. Sorry!

Thoughts ?

DropB

Er, it's very... impressive.

But TBH I'm far more interested in PussEKat's WWII stuff. Sorry!

No worries, boring if we all like the same stuff. I did the WWII planes and tanks when I was a kid so I needed a challenge.

Obvious pitch to suggest snowboarding!!

And this. You'll spunk all your money on snowboarding, but you will be able to justify every last penny of it when you get a powder day!

One thing I am looking forward to, though it's months down the line at the moment, is unpacking and finally building my studio. All the equipment I bought in my Uni days has never seen the light of day as I've never had room to set it up properly. The second that small bedroom is clear, it's going up. Course, I'll have to re-learn how to actually use the bloody stuff.

And this. We moved into this house in December and only one side of the study is done. Hopefully I will have everything set up this week...

• 3 months later...

So I've had a long weekend off as my folks were visiting, coming down from Yorkshire to see the house for the first time. The trip served a duel purpose for them, as they were finally able to offload all the crap of mine that's been cluttering up their loft for the last decade. This crap consists predominantly of large chunks of my other collection (the not-football-shirts one). To wit...

PC040043.JPG

That accounts for about a third of my Transformers. The truly scary thing, that box in the top right of the pile - the blue F1 car (Mirage, if you're a saddo like me) - as of 2007, it was worth over £400 (and yes, I know the wallpaper and carpet are horrific; this house hasn't been refurbished since the 70's).

So I've had a long weekend off as my folks were visiting, coming down from Yorkshire to see the house for the first time. The trip served a duel purpose for them, as they were finally able to offload all the crap of mine that's been cluttering up their loft for the last decade. This crap consists predominantly of large chunks of my other collection (the not-football-shirts one). To wit...

PC040043.JPG

That accounts for about a third of my Transformers. The truly scary thing, that box in the top right of the pile - the blue F1 car (Mirage, if you're a saddo like me) - as of 2007, it was worth over £400 (and yes, I know the wallpaper and carpet are horrific; this house hasn't been refurbished since the 70's).

Toys are for kids!

Â