Hobbies

irreverentad

I was in Hay-on-Wye on Friday and the "Mr Puzzle's Jigsaw World" shop almost got me buying some. They had every jigsaw known to man and some were quite frankly awesome. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd get labelled a sad git, I would have walked out with loads!

Somebody got me a jigsaw once ... Not really my thing as I don't wear home knitted jumpers and keep 45 cats , but there are loads of shops selling them so they must be quite popular

Go walking up clent once every few weeks

:thumb:

Walking is ace. I only tend to do it when away (but then I plan my hols in the UK around walking). Get yourself a big fluffy white dog and you'll be amazed by how many women want to come and say hello :D

I love the feeling of freedom I get from riding my bicycle, it's been a constant pursuit over the years...I got pretty good at shooting pool a while back, but if you don't keep at it, you lose the edge...I'm probably terrible now.

Thinking about picking up the guitar again...

Photography....in particular motorbikes, top marque cars, imports, classics, vintage, steam....basically anything with a engine.

Fishing. Coarse fishing to be precise, but get to do a lot of sea fishing living by the coast.

Love to say The Villa, but thats not a hobby......thats an obsession!

I like a few things really I suppose :-

1. Making Scale Models for myself (Kits). Takes a long time but keeps me busy and it's good as you can paint a few things and go back later to carry on.

2. Making Models out of stuff (e.g SIM cards / Bank Cards). This is a business idea really but my first effort is in reception at a Mobile Network.

3. Reading. Fiction and No fiction.

4. Learning Stuff. I am always either doing a on line course or teaching myself something (e.g Learning Maya 2012 at the moment (3 D Animation)

5. The Standard PC games (FM2012)

6. PS3 (Mass Effect 3 / Gran Turismo etc)

7. Films / Series as everyone else I suppose.

8. Small amount of regular amount betting on the football every week.

9. AVFC, constant thread through ones life.

A few more but these are the time eaters at the moment.

Zhan_Zhuang : Pretty cool hobby, never even considered that was a hobby tbh. I Really like them though, cool as ****. I know I would just build an Ewok tree house around it with little fiber optic lights though and on one hand that would look ace at night but the downside is it would probable kill it I suppose.

What's the deal, how much time do you need to invest in that hobby and what are the costs ? Just out of interest really, I think I have enough to do already :-)

Not being controversial, each to his own and all that, but I REALLY don't "get" the tropical fish thing.

My brother and my doctor both have tropical fish and you can spend some time just watching them.They are also supposed to be relaxing.

Grow some weed.

Failing that, I tried fencing for a while when I was at university. Signed up just because it seemed different, and really enjoyed it. Lots of fun.

I tried that as well but the garden I chose was just to big so I gave up. Getting the posts in the ground in the summer is a joke as well becasue the ground is so hard. I might try just around a small rockery or pond first first.

I love the feeling of freedom I get from riding my bicycle, it's been a constant pursuit over the years...

This. I never really appreciated bikes until I bought a decent one about 4 years ago. Cheap bikes are enough to put anyone off cycling, but a decent bike is enough to kick start a cycling habit.

A few years ago I would struggle to ride any significant distance on a shitty bike, yet within a couple of years of owning a decent bike I rode the Devon coast to coast, at 70 miles. I now prefer cycling to driving my car and will cycle to work whenever the weather permits (it's a 21 mile round trip and I don't want to sit in the office in wet clothes).

Given that the weather is supposed to be fairly good on Saturday, I'm already looking forward to getting in a 40-50 mile ride.

Addicted.

Grow some weed.

Failing that, I tried fencing for a while when I was at university. Signed up just because it seemed different, and really enjoyed it. Lots of fun.

I tried that as well but the garden I chose was just to big so I gave up. Getting the posts in the ground in the summer is a joke as well becasue the ground is so hard. I might try just around a small rockery or pond first first.

Well yeah, you've got to go with a sensible size for your first plot. Don't go jumping in to a big job, especially if you're using tanalised wood as the costs will quickly mount.

Grow some weed.

Well yeah, you've got to go with a sensible size for your first plot. Don't go jumping in to a big job, especially if you're using tanalised wood as the costs will quickly mount.

On the bright side it's legal to have 5 weed plants per household here. Amazing really, 1 government on the planet with a brain as far as I know.

Zhan_Zhuang : Pretty cool hobby, never even considered that was a hobby tbh. I Really like them though, cool as ****. I know I would just build an Ewok tree house around it with little fiber optic lights though and on one hand that would look ace at night but the downside is it would probable kill it I suppose.

What's the deal, how much time do you need to invest in that hobby and what are the costs ? Just out of interest really, I think I have enough to do already :-)

Haha like Endor...now there's an idea...!

Bonsai can be very time-consuming but very rewading to see somehing you have spent time and effort grow into a beautiful tree. There is a lot of form in regard to this as you can shape the tree anyway you please but it is important that the right conditions are maintained which can involve different containers and amount of water used.

They are very easy to kill though unfortunately, and you do need to buy equipment for pruning but it's not really an expensive hobby. I think the tree itself can be bought or a little as £10 or as much as several hundred (some might be virtually priceless).

This Bonsai in Shunkaen, Japan is around 800 years old

Bonsai-Tree-Shunkaen-800-Years-Old.jpg

Â