Hobbies

irreverentad

Travel .... I plan all my trips myself , think I lost faith in travel agents when one of them though Turks & Caicos was a Greek Island :shock:

been lucky enough to see some amazing places as I edge towards my 100th country , nobody would buy it but I'd love to write my various trips up into some form of book , I even have a title " Travels around the world whilst avoiding back backers on a 80p a night budget who take every opportunity to tell you how amazing they are for embracing the local culture because they took a bus journey " ... though it may need shortening a bit :-)

Travel hobby also combines with a lot of photography , but i wouldn't necessarily say that was a hobby as I'm more of a point and click man and lack the eye that some appear to have ( though saying that I had 5 photos published from my last trip in a couple of newspapers and websites where as the camera boys got zero between them :-) ) ... I've tried playing about with the AV button etc on my camera but lack the memory skills * to remember what I should be doing the next time I come to use the camera

* OT but I have a fantastic memory for dates , faces , conversations useless information etc but other things like the settings on a camera I have the memory of a goldfish on , anyone else like that ? )

Travel .... I plan all my trips myself , think I lost faith in travel agents when one of them though Turks & Caicos was a Greek Island :shock:
I once overheard a travel agent tell someone that Lanzarote was in the Med.

One of these

4f0b54bf.jpg

or

6414e6fc.jpg

Not as difficult as you would think to look after but do have an initial drain on your wallet.

Mixing clownfish...

Controversial.

lol

More and more are doing it now.

The Orange Perc is over 5 years old and I lost his mate a while ago, introducing another one can be a bit risky so opted for the b&w and they get on like a house on fire!

Not being controversial, each to his own and all that, but I REALLY don't "get" the tropical fish thing.

Fair enough.

I've had them on and off all my life, they make a nice addition to a room. Like you say each to their own, I don't get golf and running.

I used to do Judo as a kid and really enjoyed it.

About a month ago I contacted the local leisure center/judo club, apparently they don't teach adults anymore. Which is a shame as by the time I finish work I cannot get to Manchester on time for the next nearest. Sad times.

Yes it's a nice style with a great history. I have a few friends who study it, one of whom teaches.

Unfortunate that, are you not in Birmingham? How about Shuai jiao, Aikido, Jujutsu, Brazilian Jujutsu are any of these listed around where you live?

Mixing clownfish...

Controversial.

lol

More and more are doing it now.

The Orange Perc is over 5 years old and I lost his mate a while ago, introducing another one can be a bit risky so opted for the b&w and they get on like a house on fire!

How the hell can you possibly tell?!?!?

When it comes to marine fish, getting on like a house on fire basically means they haven't killed each other.

This.

If the new one wasnt accepted it would have been torn to pieces!

Not being controversial, each to his own and all that, but I REALLY don't "get" the tropical fish thing.

I "get" them. I think they're kind of cool.

I don't thinK I'd have them myself, but can see why people like them.

But I don't really see them as a hobby. Surely you buy a fish, plonk it in a tank, and feed it once a day, and that's it.

That's like me calling my kettle a hobby.

Thats what I do wiggy that and golf. Golf is supposed to be the relaxing one but I probably get more wound up with it than karting.

Tell me about it mate, my putter came awfuly close to being bent in two yesterday after a 3 putt from 8 feet!!!

Is it expensive to get into karting?

Its probably cheaper than most think. If you just want to have fun and not take it too seriously you can pick up a kart for for the same price as a decent set of clubs then enter into a few races. Course more expense comes in transportation if you dont have a towbar and trailer, you'd then need an old van.

Alternatively you could just go down the local track, they often put on turn up and race type meetings and you get to use their karts and race against people other than your mates.

One thing I would recommend is offroad karting, the outlay is similar but you dont have to pay track fees etc. You just find a field and thats easily done with various 4x4 forums.

Â