Hobbies

irreverentad

Having reached the age of 30, I have decided to become pro-active in the pursuit of some type of activity that will arouse my interest sufficiently to stop me sitting on the sofa watching TV for the vast majority of my spare time.

Therefore, I am looking for ideas.

What do you guys & gals do? Do you have a hobby? if so, what?

Mountain Biking.

Not sure what it's like around Brum for trails, but I live fairly close to the Forest of Dean, which has some incredible routes.

Entry fee for a reasonably good bike is about £800.

play the guitar, banjo and keyboard

used to class keeping koi carp as a hobby but since moving out I dont actually do much but look at them and feed them when I am round me mom n dads

when I get a place of my own with a garden the first thing I will do will be to build a pond and get some koi in there, really is a fullfilling hobby

Wow nice range chaps.

hogso that is particularly impressive. That must take a lot of skill and care. Something I am short on unfortunately.

Photography is a good one. I have done a bit of fishing previously and enjoyed it even though I caught nothing!!

Not a big fan of cycling and I find the gym dull.

It is really interesting to see what everyone does in their spare time.

If you want to do something different, see if there's a cable-ski near to where you live and take up Wakeboarding.

Takes a fair bit of time and effort, but at the end of it, you get a skill which 99% of other people don't have.

33tm0c3.jpg

Choose a martial art; i've been practising since I was a very little kid and at 34yrs now I still find this stuff inspirational.

Sure throughout life i've also had things that have held interest such as mountainbiking, the gym and playing a musical instrument (amongst others) but there is nothing that compares to mental, physical and spiritual benefits attributed to studying martial arts.

In my humble opinion of course...

Choose a martial art; i've been practising since I was a very little kid and at 34yrs now I still find this stuff inspirational.

Sure throughout life i've also had things that have held interest such as mountainbiking, the gym and playing a musical instrument (amongst others) but there is nothing that compares to mental, physical and spiritual benefits attributed to studying martial arts.

In my humble opinion of course...

I used to do Judo as a kid and really enjoyed it.

About a month ago I contacted the local leisure center/judo club, apparently they don't teach adults anymore. Which is a shame as by the time I finish work I cannot get to Manchester on time for the next nearest. Sad times.

the only thing with koi is that financially it can be pretty crippling

we have got about £2000/£2500 worth of fish in our pond and me dad has been thinking about filling it in (hard to maintain it on his own without any help) and the most that anyone has offered for the fish is £250, he's decided now that he is keeping them (much to my delight)

its awesome though from when you start building it just watching it take shape and then getting the plant life around it to look just how you want it, then when you throw in some big bastard fish and get them used to you so they swim over to you and eat out of your hand, the best bit though is going out and buying some proper baby fish as cheap as you can and watching them grow into monsters.

you have to educate yourself quite a bit as well to learn how to get the water just right for them, I found myself just reading up on the different breeds of them, I can name now pretty much every different type of koi carp

I joined a bowling league when I got bored and wanted a night a week to do something.

Was crap at the beginning but I stuck with it. Got me a ball and some shoes and have gradually improved. Averaging 150 now. It's good fun. I met a new group of people and I'm enjoying it.

Thats what I do wiggy that and golf. Golf is supposed to be the relaxing one but I probably get more wound up with it than karting.

Tell me about it mate, my putter came awfuly close to being bent in two yesterday after a 3 putt from 8 feet!!!

Is it expensive to get into karting?

Â