Match Thread

Condimentalist

Just got round to watching the match on AVTV. The thing that stood out to me was that N'Zogbia was really good, taking on men and dribbling. Obviously Warnock poor and Guzan seemed not be at fault for any of the goals (might have done better on the free kick, but the wall should have probably done a bit better as well). Thought on the second goal Clark was a bit poor in his positioning, but obvioulsy the more time him and Vlaar spend in the middle of defense, the better they will work together and defend.

Also, definitely think we were the better team through the first 60-70 minutes and hopefully our drop in the last quarter hour or so was just due to fitness. The only other thing of significance I would glean from this match other than the need to get rid of Warnock asap is that we do need one more player be it a cm/striker who can help to put in more goals. Just need a bit more of that cutting edge, but hopefully Bent gets fully fit and Gabby soon enough as well, and they can pitch in.

Thought we looked great at passing, but not that great at passing it to somewhere that would create a goalscoring chance. Warnock was terrible, Guzan didn't do himself any favours but didn't totally embarrass himself, play was at times very narrow.

We were the much better team until Forest changed 7 of theirs and we changed one at half time - the fitness just showed through a bit there but I'm trusting that Lambert purposely left them on to see how tired they got.

BTW if anyone knows "langleylad" I'd love to know what he did to some bloke's sister, I only heard half of the story as he was a couple of rows in front and it looked like tensions were boiling over somewhat as the bloke came up and starting pointing and shouting at him.

BTW if anyone knows "langleylad" I'd love to know what he did to some bloke's sister, I only heard half of the story as he was a couple of rows in front and it looked like tensions were boiling over somewhat as the bloke came up and starting pointing and shouting at him.

This was going on 3 or 4 seats to my right on the same row. It started before the match when said bloke approached 'langleylad' (don't know how you know the name, as I didnt hear that part, but ok), who was accompanied by his nephew, ie. the sisters son. The story went something like, he beat up this guys sister, the kids mum. Also smashed up a 50' Plasma TV, and money was involved somewhere along the way...I didn't pay complete attention to what he was saying though.

It looked like this bloke was going to beat 7 bells of shit out of 'langleylad' though, and he wouldve been followed by the kid too. 'langleylad' just stood there and didnt say a thing until some other bloke lead him away.

Come half time, the bloke comes back to our row looking for him, but he'd gone. The bloke reels of the whole story to the 2 blokes next to me, and the one behind, as they were actaully paying attention to procedings. Thing was, this bloke was talking to them as if they had gone to the match with 'langleylad' - in actual fact, they didnt have a clue who he was and had never met him before. Bloke went on to repeat many times that the guy was scum, and would rather he support Birmingham than Villa (shocked gasp).

Some time passes, second half starts, and 'langlylad' is nowhere to be seen. The bloke continues to look furious (he was only sitting 6 or 7 rows in front of us), and he then goes of searching for him. About 20/25 minutes into the 2nd half 'langleylad' reappears, somewhat to everyones surprise, as we presumed he'd left. Nothing else happened after that, as far as I know, but I did leave right on the full time whistle as I had a train to catch.

I did wonder if anyone would mention it on here, so thought it worth responding to. It was safe to say that had it been somewhere less public the bloke would have (at least attempted to) thrape him. He was **** furious. I got the impression from what I heard though that all of this happened some time ago, so I presume that the bloke hadn't seen 'langleylad' since it had happened.

Genuinely encouraged after watching those highlights, team is moving the ball really well and looking confident with it, major down side is LB, i'm sure Lambert will address this issue. 1st half we looked great, intelligent with the ball, threatening, even N'Zogbia looked bright.

he was 2 rows in front of me, sounded like he talked the other guys sister into a huge chunk of debt, beat her up and smashed the house up and done one leaving her in ruin

langleylad IMO looked calm in the 1st half but then shitting himself in the 2nd, he was hanging around the entrance for ages on his phone with a female steward watching what was going on, interesting how neither he nor the blokes he must have been with seemed to say a single word in response, which jumping to conclusions said to me that the other bloke was either right in what he was saying and/or going to get even angrier if something was said back

This 'langleylad' thing... Was this the right hand side of the away end about half way back? And did 'The Bloke' have the away top on? I can't remember seeing the name 'langleylad' as I was plastered but something similar happened there.

Yeh that's about where it was...but I guess it depends what you mean by right side? If anything I'd say we were in the middle, but there were alot of Villa fans to our left. THE BLOKE was not wearing an away shirt, as far as I remember, he had a jacket on done up, and a chav type baseball cap on, neither of which were Villa, I'm pretty sure.

We were just inside the Penalty Box on the right hand side. I just remember some lad getting thrown into our row by a dark haired bloke who I could have sworn had an away top on (this came from the front). This just before half time. Then they got taken out, the dark haired bloke came back and started speaking to the lads on the other side of the stairs about it. Then he disappeared and the lad who got thrown about appeared 20 mins into second half.

Â