Match Thread

Condimentalist

christ can we still not **** defend?

It's a friendly man, calm down!

3:1!

still feeling calm?

Chelsea just lost 3-1 to Brighton, I wonder if their fans are crying....

Yeah exactly but to be fair a few of them probably are as that's what football fans seem to do.

Some people just can't understand pre season

christ can we still not **** defend?

It's a friendly man, calm down!

3:1!

still feeling calm?

Oh I am feeling calm.. Man City lost 2-1 to Oldham three days ago so we are not above losing 3-1 to Nottingham Forest in Pre Season.

I realise i am over-reacting but you would expect us to do a bit better than this. It sounds as though Warnock was awful as ever, i rate Guzan also lets just hope he's a bit ring rusty.

Brother (who was is the game) just called me:-

Said that Holman looked the best villa player

KEL and Lowton look to have enough to hold there own in the prem.

Very disappointed in Vlar - said hes a good passer - but looks slow - and not great in the air

Also said Nzog and Warnock very poor

Very disappointed in Vlar - said hes a good passer - but looks slow - and not great in the air

I'd say Vlaar struggled yes, but he's only had 2-3 training sessions and is trying to get a partnership with Clark going. Though from what I've heard Guzan was a real shock as he was at fault for two of the goals.

I think a lot of players are still some way off being fully match fit and sharp and injuries aren't helping.

Everything Lambert is doing in terms of how we play and who he has signed is good, but he has to keep going and bring a lot more quality to the side if we are to continue to improve.

I'd say Vlaar struggled yes, but he's only had 2-3 training sessions and is trying to get a partnership with Clark going. Though from what I've heard Guzan was a real shock as he was at fault for two of the goals.

Be interested to see what Lambert is going to teach Vlaar. - Its very early days but I hope lambert quickly bins a clark\vlaar partnership.

I think people need to realise exactly what pre-season is for. It's for fitness and for finding out tactics that work. Yes it's disappointing to lose, I'm just glad that teams like Chelsea and Man City lost to equal and lesser opposition, I think it would be harder to quell the disappointment without those facts.

Be interested to see what Lambert is going to teach Vlaar. - Its very early days but I hope lambert quickly bins a clark\vlaar partnership.

Jesus, ONE GAME and you've come to this conclusion.

Â