Starting XI at West Ham as it stands..

Delphinho123

Lichaj - Vlaar - Clark - Warnock

Bit controversial - but warnocks experience earns him a repreive in the absence of a new signings. A defence with 3 rookies is asking for trouble.

Lichaj and to a lesser extent Clark are still rookies (only about 30-40 prem apps between them in their actual positions), Vlaar has never kicked a ball in a meaningful game in England before.... Warnock's the only non-rookie there in my eyes, and he's crap!

We are in dire need of some more defenders

Given

Lowton Clark Vlaar Warnock

El Ahmadi Herd

Ireland Bannan

Weimann Bent

NZogbia too much of a luxury to risk away from home as well as Ireland.

Team says it all about our squad, in dire need of players. Striker, LB, CB, DM, Winger. 5 players short of being even top 8.

------------------------------Guzan----------------------------

Lowton----------Vlaar-------------------Clark------------New LB

--------------------------------Delph---------------------------

-------------Al Ahmadi--------------------------Ireland-------

-------------------------------Holman-------------------------

--------------N'Zogbia----------------------------Bent--------

Subs:

Given

Baker

Lichaj

Bannan

Herd

Gardner

Weimann

Clark is not going to be used as a CM this season unless we're completely injury ravaged. By the looks of it, PL has identified him as a CB.

Starting line-up against West Ham (considering current injuries and knocks)

.............Given

Lichaj.Vlaar.Clark.Stevens (unless we sign a new LB)

........Delph.KEA

N'Zogbia.Ireland.Holmann

.............Bent

Three behind Bent to rotate and support midfield and attack.

If Lowton is fit, switch Lichaj to LB and put Lowton RB.

Lambert seems to like Clark at centre back, personally I think he is a crap centre back.

I dont think we will have many 0-0 results this season looking at the back line. We have no quality at full back, 1 decent centre back and no defensive midfielders. Unless we strenghthen at the back then I can see us conceeding an awful lot of golas this season.

My two penneth

-------------Given-------------

Lowton --Vlaar--Clark--Lichaj

----------KEA----Bannan------

-------Ireland-----Holman----

-----------N'Zogbia------------

------------Bent---------------

That is the team I think PL will pick - if it was me then I might swap N'Zogbia for Weimann just because I think Weimann is less likely to be a total passenger.

I did think about Delph and Herd to go more solid - but then that is what the Scottish one would have done - think Lambert is do or die.

I think PL will go for N'Zogbia because he's got more experience and his pace/occassional trick might mean we get a chance/goal on break.

Think he will go with the narrow 4 and try and play Spammers off park - might work or Diame and Diarra might just brush our munchkins aside in midfield not to mention our highly suspect defence.

Should be a great game - I've got a tenner on 3-2 to Villa !!

With tonights injury to Holman - our options are running slim ! - I now think Warnock and/or hutton will be involved at some point.....

----------KEA----Delph------

-------Ireland-----Bannan----

-----------N'Zogbia------------

------------Bent---------------

As much as i dislike it I think Lambert likes the 442!! Keeping that in mind......

___________________Given___________________

__Lowton_____Vlaar________Clarke___Warnock__

___Holman___KEA_________Ireland___N'Zogbia__

___________Weimann______Bent_______________

Lambert trains his teams to play 3/4 different systems, depending on how the game is going.

Paul Lambert, Aston Villa

A large part of Lambert's success at Norwich was his ability to switch seamlessly between systems – between and within matches – using a 5-3-2, a 4-4-1-1, a midfield diamond and a 4-4-2 at various points last season. Three of his summer recruits, Brett Holman, Karim El Ahmadi and Matthew Lowton, are versatile, indicating that Lambert intends to continue this approach at Villa Park. But these reactive tactics do not necessarily result in defensive football – last season, only the top six scored more goals than Lambert's side, only the bottom three conceded more. Having seen Alex McLeish's side score only 20 goals in 19 home games last season, Villa fans will enjoy the entertainment.

http://tinyurl.com/cm44f4c

--------------KEA---------------

------Ireland----Bannan-------

-N'Zogbia--Bent--Delfouneso-

If this team defends, passes and moves as a unit it would he very very dangerous.

Â