Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

Podolski is big name.. he will sell shirts/merchandise all over the world which could finance the transfer in itself.

Fletcher? not so much.

Podolski if he flops (which imo he won't) can easily go back to the bundesliga for a good fee.

Fletcher if he flops? I'm sure Sunderland will like to recoup that type of money they are spending on him but will they have it easy? I doubt it.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Podolski is big name.. he will sell shirts/merchandise all over the world which could finance the transfer in itself.

Fletcher? not so much.

Podolski if he flops (which imo he won't) can easily go back to the bundesliga for a good fee.

Fletcher if he flops? I'm sure Sunderland will like to recoup that type of money they are spending on him but will they have it easy? I doubt it.

This :thumb:

On that sort of wages, I'm not sure there will be a lot of bidders.

Also, Podolski is 2 years older than Fletcher, which means that he will lose his value more quickly.

There will be, 100 caps for Germany, has the experience and also has proven over several years that he has the quality.. I'm pretty sure I read Schalke were prepared to offer him big wages aswell so there are takers.

Podolski will bring in more to Arsenal than Fletcher will to Sunderland.. or any other club financially (and most likely through ability too)

At any rate, this really shouldn't be a debate about who's a better fit or not. LondonLax's point was that analysing the prudence of a transfer isn't as simple as juxtaposing the player's name with his transfer fee - there are a lot of factors involved, and player quality alone isn't enough for good and holistic analyses of deals.

So to address this question:

You seriously aren't comparing Fletcher to Podolski

Maybe Podolski's the better deal, but for the reasons mentioned above, it's not ludicrous to at least make the comparison and start the debate

in Poland and Germany he is a big name but not all over the world. Id rather have Fletcher than Podolski who except last season has never really done it at club level. pretty sure a quarter of his international goals came against San Marino

in Poland and Germany he is a big name but not all over the world. Id rather have Fletcher than Podolski who except last season has never really done it at club level. pretty sure a quarter of his international goals came against San Marino

Podolski has scored more goals for Germany than he has at club level. I think he got about 11 goals in 2 seasons at Koln.

Podolski is shit, his goal record at Munich was also shit. I think he had one good season at Koln about 5 years ago which is why Bayern bought him. Thay sold him back to Koln after thay realised he was actually shit.

Same could be said for Fletcher, Was good at 1 club, might not be good at another.. Look at how Torres Struggled when he went from Liverpool to chelsea.

Except fletcher has done it for more than one club, and both of them shit so you have to wonder what he might do in a better team.

Oh and is this the same podolski who flopped at Bayern Munich?

Face it, for years now theres been an agenda for foreigners and against British players on this forum, brought on of course by MoN's transfer policy whilst here but no more validated by it.

Anyway, we'll see when Fletcher ends up on circa 15 goals and podolski struggles to even get a game.

What I mean is Arsenal have fans all over the world.. they have huge fanbases in Asia etc so they will enjoy the financial benefits of a big signing.

they could sign anybody in that case

Arsenal fans have been saying this for a while.. "spend some money."

Wenger has other ideas but has spent some money this summer.

Just read an interesting stat, Fletcher has been involved in 96 Premier League games now for Wolves/Burnley and in the games he's played his team has lost 62.5% of those matches.

Not all his fault obviously but just thought it was quite interesting....

Â