Sign in to follow this  
irreverentad

Ron Vlaar

I was at the crucible in sheffield with him on saturday watching Ronnie O'Sullivan Vs Ally Carter :D

Must have been working on angles because that goal nearly took the net off! haha

Oh and congrats on Ron becoming the 492nd different Villa player to score in the C&B :thumb:

as Metro wonderfully described. A Ronald Koeman-esque goal. he nearly gave me a heart attack wiht his duck on the Johnson cross, i think just after the 2nd goal

He absolutely nailed his shot into the goal. What a moment. Lovely stuff. Like many of the other players, he will be better next year esp if we can get another experienced centre half in.

he nearly gave me a heart attack wiht his duck on the Johnson cross, i think just after the 2nd goal

Just watched the highlights of the match, and yes it seemed a strange thing to do as didn't Seem as if Brad had called

His goal reminded me so much of our then centre half Chris Nicholls fantastic goal in the 76/77 league cup final replay against Everton. That was another fantastic night as well!

Search "Chris Nicholl thunderbolt" on You tube.

Don't know how to do the links thingy properly. Maybe someone could do it please.

Reaction of the three strikers :thumb:

I love how whenever we score, each and every one of our players goes mental, even the likes of Sylla who has been here since January.

What a peach from Vlaar, that angle in the GIF shows just how powerful the shot was and the way the ball moved in the air was crazy!

• Like 1

His goal reminded me so much of our then centre half Chris Nicholls fantastic goal in the 76/77 league cup final replay against Everton. That was another fantastic night as well!

Search "Chris Nicholl thunderbolt" on You tube.

Don't know how to do the links thingy properly. Maybe someone could do it please.

Copy youtube link.

Paste into post.

That's literally all you need to do.

absolute steal at 3.5m in my opinion, i only wish we had laursen or mellberg to partner him at cb!

• Like 2

I've liked Vlaar since beginning, he has the air of captaincy around him but he imo needs another more experienced defender alongside of him even though Baker has been good lately as he still looks to be getting a bit used to the PL and suffered set back on that due his injury in the early winter.

He hit a thunderbolt against Wet Spam on opening day and I thought "wow he can hit them". I'm only surprised it took so long for one to fly in.

I look at him and think, "Captain."

Some people are just like that

I look at him and think, "Captain."

Some people are just like that

CaptainVlaarway.png

Blimey, Mrs Roberts has let herself go a bit.........

Sign in to follow this  

Â