Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Yes that would have to be a concern.

Let's have some faith, Baker has faults but he's not a terrible centre half, indeed I remember last season he had two good games against Berbatov. Clark has improved significantly this season.

I think we should get through tomorrow o.k particularly as Fulham themselves have defence problems, no Hangeland and a few other injuries so our strikers can bail us out if necessary.

if it's a struggle then we really need Ron right for Man. United and probably Stoke aswell given they somehow managed 3 against Chelsea today. But then we scored 3 against Man. City and then didn't score for 4 games afterwards so you do get flukes like that sometimes when everything goes right in one half.

According to BBC he was having a fitness test on the pitch before the game?

We really need him back next weekend.

This is the worst Man. United team for decades but Rooney and RVP will have a field day against that back 4 next week. We need Lowton starting and Ron and Luna back. For their own personal faults, that's a more solid unit than the excuse we had out today.

Our defence returned to last season's standard without him today. A testament to how good he has been this season I suppose. We really need him fit throughout the rest of the season as I'd really fear for us if he picks up a long-term injury.

• Like 2

I do think we missed Vlaar and I am a big fan of his, however, it doesn't help when the back four gets messed with week after week after week. One week Baker is left back then it's Bacuna and then Clark and now back to Baker. Herd appears from nowhere to play at centre back and Bacuna continues to play poorly at right back whilst last season's stand-out defender warms the bench.

Hurry up back Ron but don't be surprised if the rest of your defending colleagues have had the confidence ripped out of them by the time you line up alongside them next!

I do think we missed Vlaar and I am a big fan of his, however, it doesn't help when the back four gets messed with week after week after week. One week Baker is left back then it's Bacuna and then Clark and now back to Baker. Herd appears from nowhere to play at centre back and Bacuna continues to play poorly at right back whilst last season's stand-out defender warms the bench. Hurry up back Ron but don't be surprised if the rest of your defending colleagues have had the confidence ripped out of them by the time you line up alongside them next!

First I thought that this has been just because of injuries, but you're right, Lambert has mixed it up more than has been necessary. Not sure of the effect, but your observation is correct.

**** it was 2-3 weeks last season that turned into months ...

We miss him because he is very good on the ball which helps out our powder puff midfield 

Edited by Nabby

Â