Get The Holte End Back

sasacurcic

Does anyone know if there's been any movement on the safe standing issue? Was proud to see the media reporting that Villa had raised the issue a few months back, but not heard anything since. It would certainly help to get the atmosphere back - at all grounds, not just Villa Park.

In general, of course I would love to see the Holte rocking again. I'm 23 so haven't been going to Villa Park for too many years, but the atmosphere was electric for quite a few matches under the first two seasons of Randy/MON, when I had a season ticket (the 5-1, and the Ajax game, spring to mind immediately - but there were many others). Haven't had one since then, but due to an improvement in my own financial circumstances and a greater incentive to go with McLeish gone, I'll certainly be +1 in the Holte for a good few matches next season; I only managed to get to one game during the last campaign.

:flag:

^ Funnily enough I was having a conversation with my Dad and Brothers who were discussing how i haven't actually seen Villa win anything, Yea I was born before the 1994/96 cup final wins, but I haven't witnessed anything with my own eyes. So my favourite matches have been Blues 5-1, Ajax 2-1 and Carling Cup semi final 6-4 (7-4 agg), in which my dad and myself were able to storm the pitch :'). Those have been my favourites (along with a mixture of away games).

Regarding the safe standing, I was under the impression that it was a work in process, it's a rather drawn out thing as they have a lot of people to contact (including the FA) who have to agree with it and give them the thumbs up, even before they develop it. I can see it being implemented within the next season (ish).

Also an important point to make is to, if you have balloons/streamers etc... don't use them all up in the first game, It's a long standing aim so its important to keep plenty of stock to use in future home games. Don't splash it all out at the Everton game to have nothing for the Swansea home game :P. If you haven't bought any streamers or balloons yet, do so! It's very easy, they're like 2 quid on Ebay.

Glad to see the Official Site has picked up on it as well and has got a news article on it with a Benty interview

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2865051,00.html

i left the holte end years ago. I now sit in the trinity road stand with the grown ups.

AKA sad boring **** who regard sitting there in silence, as supporting the team :-)

AKA Civilised behavior, when i saw a drunken fat man trying to have sex with a pukka pie whilst shouting abuse at gabby i knew it was time to leave the holte end.

i left the holte end years ago. I now sit in the trinity road stand with the grown ups.

AKA sad boring **** who regard sitting there in silence, as supporting the team :-)

AKA Civilised behavior, when i saw a drunken fat man trying to have sex with a pukka pie whilst shouting abuse at gabby i knew it was time to leave the holte end.

Haha, maybe he misheard the word Pukka.

Anyway it would be nice if the fans could get a better atmosphere going this year.

Villa wouldn't really care if people stood in the Holte if it wasn't the rake of fines they get from the local council on the charge of persistent standing.

If you really want to get the Holte back on its feet you need to let those local counselors know that Villa fans are a powerful voting block who can be rallied and wielded when we don't get our way (regardless of whether that is true or not).

Â