Expectations, Expectations, Expectations or is it?

limpid

In general, the last season and a bit, you had a group of fans downplaying the ability of the players as it suited their POV and the manager downplaying the abilities of the players as it suited him.

With a decent manager, the latter doesn't happen.

With the change in board, the fans with a point to prove don't have to.

So can't we accept that our players are a bit better than they managed to perform last season? O'Neill has admitted already that he was shockewd that the squad e inherited finished as low down the table as it did.

Or the confidence, Ellis leaving and breath of change brings. What would you pick? Ellis and MON, or Randy with any other manager? I know my pick.

Or the confidence, Ellis leaving and breath of change brings. What would you pick? Ellis and MON, or Randy with any other manager? I know my pick.

ANY other manager?! Randy and O'Leary?! :shock: :? :evil:

TBF Risso - I think a lot of people would have been happy with that say this time last year.

MON was a complete surprise, a very welcome one albeit, but the view that some have is that any manager working under Ellis was never going to have a chance. Look how many failed!

TBF Risso - I think a lot of people would have been happy with that say this time last year.

MON was a complete surprise, a very welcome one albeit, but the view that some have is that any manager working under Ellis was never going to have a chance. Look how many failed!

Well I wouldn't. If we had Lerner now and O'Leary still in charge, there's no way we'd be doing as well as we are.

Risso - what a strange statement and typical of the anti-DOL at any cost that seems to taint some of the discussions.

Are you honestly saying that this time last year you wouldn't have been happy with Mr ellis being replaced by Mr Lerner? Thats how it reads and I think if thats the case you are in a small minority. As many have said the last chairman stifled so many managers and you can see the impact a new chairman is making all around the club. I think all agree that MON is a better manager than DOL but that isnt the point here. This time last year there was a bunch of people who seemingly called for DOL out any cost, wheras others took a differing viewpoint pointing the blame at Ellis. DOL under Lerner would have been more succesful than DOL under Ellis

Â