Stephen Ireland

omariqy

The guy does not want to be a footballer anymore.  Would not surprise me if he retired next year.

I think he'll probably fade in obscurity rather than officially retire. I just don't think anyone will come in for him, or at least no one who will offer what he thinks he is worth, and after a year or two he'll just be forgotten. 

It wo uld be a tough argument to suggest he's dtheireir not ore than Heskey.

in fairness be a tough argument on both sides :P

To be fair mate, though Heskey was poor at least he looked like he give a s##t. I personally struggle to dislike players just because their not good enough (thats down to the manager) its, as a fan, attitude that boils my blood. Id take heskey back over SI every day of the week.

I like to be supportive of our players and I do not like to get on their backs. But lets face it Ireland has just been poor for us. He can have flashes of being an ok player (I love his interceptions) but for whatever reason just fades. His time at the club has been an expensive disappointment.

Ireland was one of our better players last autumn and he was a good link between our attack and midfield but then he seemed to lost his way completely. I wonder what happened but that's not the first time he's done that.

Ireland was one of our better players last autumn and he was a good link between our attack and midfield but then he seemed to lost his way completely. I wonder what happened but that's not the first time he's done that.

Also won player of the season here,something Heskey would never even got close to.

However good he was he never got anywhere near his potential or anywhere near being good value. Houllier's treatment of him didn't help but nutcase or not he's a **** grown man and he only has himself to blame for his performances.

Compared to Bent and Hutton, he seems like he doesn't want to play any more, which is sort of a shame but he won't be **** missed when he's gone.

• Like 1

However good he was he never got anywhere near his potential or anywhere near being good value. Houllier's treatment of him didn't help but nutcase or not he's a **** grown man and he only has himself to blame for his performances.

Compared to Bent and Hutton, he seems like he doesn't want to play any more, which is sort of a shame but he won't be **** missed when he's gone.

Oh so true, he's never put in performance of 60-70k player. I don't think he's cared about football for a long time, I can imagine him becoming "pundit" in the vein of Gobby Savage once his contract runs out with us.

I can't be bothered with Ireland anymore.

Since there was no manager when he was signed, Randy should take the blame explicitly on his shoulders and simply exclude Ireland's wages from the wage budget he has given to Lambert. Or some other way take out Ireland's effect on our future plans. Ireland will affect our P/L, but he shouldn't affect Lambert's plans. I think that would be fair.

Then we could close this thread.

Edited by AVTuco

Great post, certainly more eloquent than what I have to say about him, which is that he's a "useless **** waste of oxygen".

• Like 1

the treatment he got from houllier, and subsequently Lambert, and even McLeish dropped him was justified by his total lack of product on the pitch. He won pots purely because no other player deserved it other than Robbie Keane and he was only here for 6 weeks.

Ireland has hardly been unfairly treated, Mancini, houllier, McLeish and now Lambert have all decided his not worth bothering with.

Also won player of the season here,something Heskey would never even got close to.

He didn't even deserve that player of the season award, and to be fair to Heskey at least he gave a shit and was actually a semi-useful player for us (disregarding the wages).

Edited by Mantis

I've said it before on this thread, that any player who won "player of the season" during that pathetic abortion of a season under the disaster that was Alex McLeish should have handed it back in embarassment, as that was our worst season for 25 years. The fact Ireland gladly accepted it speaks volumes!

dont think Heskey even got close to a Man of the Match award

Edited by Zatman

dont think Heskey even got close to a Man of the Match award

Here you go

Â