Stephen Ireland

omariqy

I never rated him and didn't think we should go near him due to his history of being a prick.

what is this history of being a prick? because he was young and naive and panicked saying his grandmother had died when his girlfriend had a miscarriage

Yes. Why handle the situation so badly? He was young but, come on! And his behaviour since just hasn't improved, slagging of man city and slagging off Birmingham. Why does he never get picked by countless managers? He is a prize tit.

I can understand this arguement being used to defend his granny death lying antics from back in the day Zatman and whilst i'm trying to keep my tongue firmly planted in my cheek while i write about the joke that is Stephen Ireland, I don't think there's anyone with a soul that reads these threads that would wish a situation like that on any other human being. And surely anyone with a heart can only sympathise and accept that with your head in a crazy space like that your judgement can be impaired. Having said all that I think it's a pretty easy question to throw at a fair enough overall point to be honest. As for the whole Eire/miscarrige/3 dead grannys incident even with the mitigating circumstances it appears to us all (albeit looking in from the outside and casting judgement on him) that he handled it REALLY badly. Mancini questioned his ability to handle the mental strains of being a pro footballer before he ripped us off for Milner didnt he? His public BEBO page contained the quote "Football is shit, why did i get stuck doing it?" apparently. All in all I think it was pretty fair to question his temperament when he came here. I know I did.

Since then his breach of discipline while on loan at Newcastle, Houlier publically saying he needed to "work harder on his game", dropping him from the squad after 12 games and then shipping him out on loan first chance he got, Sueing Man City over him breaking his own confidentiality clause for his £2m leaving present, the bong smoking picture (sorry shisha pipe) debacle, all good examples of him being or acting like "a prick". And none of them would it seems have a mentally disturbing personal incident to excuse them.

• Like 1

I know, iwas gonna add a pre emptive apology to my last post but thought it was long enough :) It just really annoys me that people still try and defend his actions from some sort of moral perspective based on something really horrible happening to him once

Memo to Mark Hughes

Bargain Shisha pipe for £60k per week.

Comes with previous owner attached.

Would be great for you to Stoke up the fire.

I'll even throw in a box of matches for you too. ;)

Better hurry though Mark as sale ends 11pm Monday 2nd September 2013

pd2087658.jpg

Apparently Ireland has been given a few days off to discuss a possible move! Please be gone!!

PtHQj.jpg

EDIT : OK I see your subsequent post. Cheers for that!

• Like 1

I recall him saying that John Greenfield? (Works as head of merchandising at Villa) was his uncle/some relative. So assume that's where he may have got the information from. Nice guy on Twitter as well. Doesn't claim to be ITK at all, just passes on the odd snippet of info he hears

Â