Stephen Ireland

omariqy

I never rated him and didn't think we should go near him due to his history of being a prick.

what is this history of being a prick? because he was young and naive and panicked saying his grandmother had died when his girlfriend had a miscarriage

All the hatred is based mostly on assumption and because it's become fashionable.

Player on high wages that Lambert doesn't rate = HATE HATE HATE HATE

Unfullfilled expectation = HATE HATE HATE

same with Bent.

Not saying I rate or want to keep either, if Lambert doesn't want them then they need to go but it is scary how people spit bile at these players.

MON/Houllier, Lerner gave them the stupid wages in the first place, both players have had their values decreased and their playing time reduced to nothing. Yes it must be good to do **** all and earn that much but it's not their doing is it.

I never rated him and didn't think we should go near him due to his history of being a prick.

what is this history of being a prick? because he was young and naive and panicked saying his grandmother had died when his girlfriend had a miscarriage

Yes. Why handle the situation so badly? He was young but, come on! And his behaviour since just hasn't improved, slagging of man city and slagging off Birmingham. Why does he never get picked by countless managers? He is a prize tit.

Worst signing in Villa's history. And before people mention Balaban, he cost less and wasnt here for four years on £80,000 a week.

He won't be going anywhere until his contract expires next summer.

• Like 1

Worst signing in Villa's history. And before people mention Balaban, he cost less and wasnt here for four years on £80,000 a week.

VillaTalk's own POTY 2 seasons ago, our worst signing? He's been a massive disappointment, but he's not our worst signing ever, not even close.

• Like 1

There's a few names that could be dropped from the MON era that would usurp your claim that Ireland is our worst signing ever. A massive waste of money yes, but not our worst signing ever IMO.

There's a few names that could be dropped from the MON era that would usurp your claim that Ireland is our worst signing ever. A massive waste of money yes, but not our worst signing ever IMO.

For the money he is paid there is nobody worse for me. Especially since he effectively wrote off all the money we got for Milner via his wages. 

Massively frustrating player, make no mistake, when he plays he is on another level, but for some reason he just isn't bothered at all and has had more second chances than he deserves. I've had enough as a fan and can't wait until we can move on.

From the January 6 months after we signed him:

After 15 matches on the bench Houllier told me to stay at home, I trained during the week and on Fridays he told me, "no point you coming, you are not in the team." Yet I was the best player in training. It was my team that won in every session.

One of the few times he played me, we drew 0-0 at Chelsea and I ended up man of the match. Apparently that didn't matter to him. I was stuck with being paid for doing nothing at all. I was left to myself. I had to pay out of my own pocket for medical treatment. Can you believe that?

For a start, Birmingham is a c**p city and I wasn't going to make the effort, especially as I wasn't playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days.

Yeah I get he was unfortunate to join a club where the manager was installed 2 months later and didnt like him and his lazy attitude, but if he 'just wanted to be at a club where the manager really wanted him' he shouldn't have signed for a club without a manager should he?

From the January 6 months after we signed him:

After 15 matches on the bench Houllier told me to stay at home, I trained during the week and on Fridays he told me, "no point you coming, you are not in the team." Yet I was the best player in training. It was my team that won in every session.

One of the few times he played me, we drew 0-0 at Chelsea and I ended up man of the match. Apparently that didn't matter to him. I was stuck with being paid for doing nothing at all. I was left to myself. I had to pay out of my own pocket for medical treatment. Can you believe that?

For a start, Birmingham is a c**p city and I wasn't going to make the effort, especially as I wasn't playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days.

Yeah I get he was unfortunate to join a club where the manager was installed 2 months later and didnt like him and his lazy attitude, but if he 'just wanted to be at a club where the manager really wanted him' he shouldn't have signed for a club without a manager should he?

He didn't actually say that though, as was clarified by the place that printed it at a later date. It was a french magazine and they claimed a mistranslation

Like who? Beye, Heskey etc were crap signings but at least they were on less money. Ireland is one of the highest earners this club has ever seen and is probably likely to see for the foreseeable future, so pound for pound he has to be the worst.

Winning the supporter's "Player of the Year" during the McLeish season shouldnt be used as a yardstick to defend the man. The entire team was rotten to the core during that season, no-one deserved it; he should have handed it back in embarassment as he was no better than any of the other muppets in that team.

“I’m upset with what has been printed this morning because I feel like I’ve been portrayed in the wrong way. I was misquoted and things have been blown way out of proportion. That is the reason why I feel like I needed to say something because the quotes are very unfair.

“What I said during the interview has been twisted to sound particularly blunt and a lot of what was written about my hometown of Cork – which me and my family visit regularly – was just plain ridiculous.

“The comments regarding Birmingham were also taken way out of context as I had only been at Villa a few months and didn’t even live there so I have no idea what Birmingham is like to live in and everyone I have met from Birmingham has been nice, my girlfriend’s father is from Birmingham so why would I say that, it’s just crazy.

“I can only apologise if anyone was offended, but the way the interview was written made me sound very harsh, and I am not that kind of person.”

Ireland's response to the article the morning it was printed

Winning the supporter's "Player of the Year" during the McLeish season shouldnt be used as a yardstick to defend the man. The entire team was rotten to the core during that season, no-one deserved it; he should have handed it back in embarassment as he was no better than any of the other muppets in that team.

But surely if he was better than the other players that year that means he's not the worst

Player of the Year was on 'MOTM' awards, of which, somehow he won.

I'm pretty sure most fans were unanimous that it should have been Shay Given who won the award as he was the only player who was in good form throughout the year. It still baffles me that he didnt win it. He's pretty crap now like but he was an absolute godsend in that season. Ireland did nothing.

We don't actually know for certain he doesn't give a shit, it's a toxic mix of the fact how his attitude has been portrayed, the fact he clearly winds managers up by not playing to his potential and who he replaced at Villa. We don't even know what wages he is on.

He is clearly one babybel short of a packed lunch, but still not sure if he deserves the derision we give him.

I love Lambert, but the total bomb out approach of players he doesn't fancy, has just affectively ruined any chance we have of moving any of them on. We can't even get rid of Bent for less than a quarter of what we paid for him.

• Like 3

Â