Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Lee Hendrie was a far better player than Ireland. Always gave his all in the claret and blue and loved wearing the shirt. Just look back at old DVDs, when we scored. He was always the first over to celebrate with the scorer. Great little player for a couple of seasons and of course should have done more in his career. Injuries got the better of him.

• Like 1

I think the Gary McAllister comments was of somebody else at villa quoting what GMac had said of Ireland. I will have a rummage around the Internet to see if I can find anything.

It was MYSTERYMAN, who posted it on this site a good while ago.

I think the Gary McAllister comments was of somebody else at villa quoting what GMac had said of Ireland. I will have a rummage around the Internet to see if I can find anything.

Oh right, isn't he an inside mole ? Perhaps I heard it in the pub or the lions lounge ?

Yes I remember MM posting that.

Houllier hated him though so I cut him some slack and he did knuckle down and play a bit better under McLeish. No excuses for last season though when Lambert gave him plenty of starts and he was underwhelming to downright diabolical at the Wigan game.

Absolutely destroyed the Milner deal.

We got £18m + Ireland if I remember correctly. Ireland is on 80k a week. That's £4.16m a year. He's been here three years picking up aprox. £12,5m in salaries. That's basically the same as if we sold Milner for £5,5m IMO.

Edited by K-Carlsen

So there is no source so far outside this site

• 2 weeks later...

Right. New VT Rule.

You dont post in the Stephen Ireland thread unless he's officially left the club. You can't go round getting my hopes up by randomly commenting on this thread after 9 days of inactivity. 

Not cool man, not cool.

The ironing is delicious...

• Like 1

Right. New VT Rule.

You dont post in the Stephen Ireland thread unless he's officially left the club. You can't go round getting my hopes up by randomly commenting on this thread after 9 days of inactivity. 

Not cool man, not cool.

The ironing is delicious...

Don't eat the ironing.

There have been players at my club I have disliked but I am as close to hating this player as I have been with any other pulling on the claret and blue.

I hate the fact that we signed him and effectively reduced the fee of what was at the time our best player and most influential player we had for a number of years by a bout 8 million quid

I hate the fact that he was signed on wages so huge that he has effectively taken up the remainder of the transfer fee we received in weekly payment

I hate the fact that he has contributed 2 fifths of f all to our team and our efforts on the pitch in the time he has been here but is still rewarded on a weekly basis by the equivalent of two or three times the annual salary of those paying their money week in week out to club to go to the stadium that he is not at

I hate the fact that he was voted player of the year by fans suckered into voting for him because at the time the whole team was so shit that his shitness was slightly more tolerable than the other ten players

I hate the fact that his ongoing salary (and continued shitness) is making it virtually impossible to shift him from our team and divest the club of his intolerable destructive influence on team morale

I hate the fact that the FACT we cannot get rid of him is hampering our team strengthening efforts and ability to get the opposite of him,  ie a good player who plays well and who can help us to improve,  effectively making Irelands shitness a double whammy

Stephen Ireland I hate you ,  please just do one.

• Like 1

Â