Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Still amazes me that people on here thought he was decent. Apart from the chelsea game, what good did he do that was of any notice?

Damned if I know, I still scratch my head when I think of people voting for him as player of the season.
Did anyone actually vote though or was it a publicity stunt? I'm a season ticket holder and none of my mates who I go with certainly never made a vote Edited by mikeyp102

If you remember the season though who would have deserved it more? - they were all terrible.

I'm not saying I agreed with it and I am no Ireland fan but he was no worse than the rest of them that year.

Thinking back I actually reckon Robbie Keane should have got it.

He did more in those few games than the rest combined. Probably kept us up too

If you remember the season though who would have deserved it more? - they were all terrible.

I'm not saying I agreed with it and I am no Ireland fan but he was no worse than the rest of them that year.

Thinking back I actually reckon Robbie Keane should have got it.

He did more in those few games than the rest combined. Probably kept us up too

Petrov. And no I'm not saying that just because he got ill.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Still amazes me that people on here thought he was decent. Apart from the chelsea game, what good did he do that was of any notice?

Damned if I know, I still scratch my head when I think of people voting for him as player of the season.

in fairness they could have gave it to anybody that season and wouldnt have mattered.

awkward that Robbie Keane was best outfield player and think he only played 6 games :(

Exactly - i voted for him as player of the season (unofficially).    Compared to the rest of the dross, he showed skill, determination & passion that season.  

ok, only in about 5 games, but that was 5 games more than everyone else. 

Waste of money,  should never have been bought,  would have been better off taking the full transfer fee and not wasting £8M in fees and around £11M in wages on this bloke.  That's almost £20M right there and he continues to hinder our progression as we cant get rid of him and free up those wages for someone more useful.  Which is strange thing to say as I'm struggling to think of how anyone could be less useful

• Like 3

Spitballing but perhaps it was due to him being the anti-McLeish player? During a season of stflingly defensive football with a manager unanimously despised, I think some fans appreciated a 'technically sound' player.

Given, or even Chris Herd, should have won. Ireland is a waste of wages, space and oxygen.

Damn.

When I saw he had risen up the list I thought it would mean there was an offer for him or at least speculation.

:(

Sadly my offer of a lift is the only one on the table for him, I've turned the engine off now though to save on the petrol bill.

Spitballing but perhaps it was due to him being the anti-McLeish player? During a season of stflingly defensive football with a manager unanimously despised, I think some fans appreciated a 'technically sound' player.

Given, or even Chris Herd, should have won. Ireland is a waste of wages, space and oxygen.

I'd agree with this. Despite still being shit in the later half of that year he was the only on trying to play football.

fellow villans, i think we have to face facts, no other club will want to take such an expensive gamble on this guy (same as given or hutton)

so it looks like were going to be stuck with him till his contract expires, which is when i need to ask?

also, can somebody be so kind to do the number crunching as to what he will of cost us in wages as i dont know how much he is on, am i to believe its £60k pw?

Â