Aston Villa Academy 2012/13

AndyClarke

U18s lost 2-1 to Stoke in the opening fixture, following the previous weeks cancellation after Watford withdrew (Disgraceful from the owners), goal coming from Jordan Graham. Relatively young side from Villa with 15 year old Dan Crowley starting the game and 14 year old Rushian Hepburn-Murphy an unused substitute.

U18s lost 3-2 to Southampton on Saturday, goals coming from the returning Callum Robinson and Liam Bateman. The U16s however, thumped the same opponent 7-3!

Andy Mate ! i got a bone to pick with you (I think )... ahaa how come my brothers picture on fm 12 is like a an old man as his avatar. http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3295/grealish.png or is this just some idiot whos made a mistake ?

He's not in the database for FM2012 so that must be from an unofficial update. My guess would be that somebody has edited him in but he has ended up with the ID of whoever that old bloke is, thus his picture appears. Either way, there is no license for Premier League players photos so you will never get any pictures for anyone at a Premier League club (unless applying an unofficial facepack). The pictures that appear in the game (European clubs, Championship, League One, League Two etc) are supplied directly by the clubs themselves.

So 100% not my fault or anything to do with me! Not sure on those attributes either, can't be too long until you can have a look......

U21s just let a 3 goal lead slip to draw 3-3 with Southampton :? Devine, Johnson & O'Brien with the goals. I hope Johnson gets a chance with the seniors this season. He's too good for the reserves now IMHO.

U21s just let a 3 goal lead slip to draw 3-3 with Southampton :? Devine, Johnson & O'Brien with the goals. I hope Johnson gets a chance with the seniors this season. He's too good for the reserves now IMHO.

I agree with you. Daniel Johnson looks to have the makings of a great player.

• 2 weeks later...
He's not in the database for FM2012 so that must be from an unofficial update. My guess would be that somebody has edited him in but he has ended up with the ID of whoever that old bloke is, thus his picture appears. Either way, there is no license for Premier League players photos so you will never get any pictures for anyone at a Premier League club (unless applying an unofficial facepack). The pictures that appear in the game (European clubs, Championship, League One, League Two etc) are supplied directly by the clubs themselves.

So 100% not my fault or anything to do with me! Not sure on those attributes either, can't be too long until you can have a look......

haha im only joking with you mate i knew it wasnt youre fault at all ;) and yeahh i was thinking whats going on with those stats ! ahaa but yes very excited indeed andy :D Cheers for letting me know anyway.

Also did anyone catch the united u18's vs Villa u18's at uniteds training ground ? Great game and result.

Great result against United especially as they've struggled in the first couple of weeks, good to see Callum Robinson back fit and among the goals.

No worries Kev, I wasn't overly serious, just making sure I'd absolved myself of blame!! Jack is a tough one in FM terms and his attributes won't come out exactly as I want them because I simply can;t set his CA high enough. That said he will be good for his age which is the important thing to remember.

Do Lambert and his coaches ever have any input on the academy teams? Is the academy completely separate from the senior squad? Would they watch many of the games?

From what i know, No not really. They do have the choice but dont paticuarly bother with it. As mentioned before ( not sure if its this topic or another ) But lambert came to the team at half-time and had a word with the young lads and they came out and scored a few goals to win the game.

Yes, They have the Senior Squad, The u21's (used to be reserves ) and the u18's academy and so on...

And again it depends on the manager or coaches decision or whether they can make it or not whether they would watch the games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Aston Villa will take the opportunity to have a look at Swedish starlet Ihab Naser during a week-long trial.

The 15-year-old is considered to be among the hottest prospects in European football.

He is currently on the books of Gunnilses IS in his homeland, but is expected to be on his way to one of the continent's top divisions before too long.

Naser has already taken in one spell in England this year, with Chelsea having cast an eye over him back in September.

He impressed the Blues' coaching staff during his time in west London and found the target during a training run out against Crystal Palace.

Naser is delighted to have been offered another opportunity at a Premier League club and will be hoping to do enough during his time with Villa to earn a spot in their academy ranks.

"I'll be there for a week, it's really fun to get to go again," the Sweden youth international told fotbolltransfers.com.

SkySports

Khaled Abdo, 16, has signed a three year contract with Aston Villa - and join the club in January.

- The choice was to end at Aston Villa. They have a very good academy, says his agent Hasan Cetinkaya.

Swedish midfield talent Khaled Abdo, 16, will join Aston Villa in January and will join the club's academy.

Abdo also chased by Fulham and French Valenciennes, but in the end the choice was therefore the Birmingham club Aston Villa.

"Good Academy"

- He has signed a three-year contract and he is very happy. Khaled was and visited Fulham and Valenciennes also, but it was Aston Villa to finish.

- It has a very good academy where he hopes to take the next step in development, says Abdo agent Hasan Cetinkaya.

16-year-old played earlier in Lärje / Angered in Division III.

http://tinyurl.com/bvh67t8

Instead of signing this swedish nobody we should poach half of Rosenborg's under 18 team. They've won their first 3 games in the nextgen series, amongst other things they gave liverpool a proper hiding the other day with 3-0. Should have been 6-0. They also beat Inter and Dortmund comfortably, and those two clubs are known for their acadamies.

• 3 weeks later...

Villa U19s won against Sporting 5-1 away tonight, according to the sky vidiprinter. Not sure, but that may have secured qualification into the next round of the Next Gen.

Confirmed on the OS - qualified 2nd in the group behind Sporting

Â