12 shot dead, 38 injured at Batman premiere in Denver, USA.

The_Rev

Actually find it quite scary that a nation who tolerates this kind of thing represents the world's only superpower, soon to be overtaken by the chinese.

Sigh.

A very sad day indeed.

I see the usual internet competition of who can be the biggest word removed with the first insensitive jokes is in full swing. It really isn't funny.

Agreed mate, i know we all have a joke on here/tinterweb in general but for for **** sake!?!?

With the amount of guns in circulation and the size of the population i'm surprised that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often if i'm honest.

Is it too late now for America as a nation to do something about the laws on guns? With so many in circulation?

Whats the difference between a massacre and a serial killing?

A massacre is killing a whole bunch of people all in one go - often in cold blood.

A serial killing is a smaller number of victims on each occasion over a longer period to time.

:thumb:

back OT, the USA will continue to experience this type of event all the while they have the most ridiculously liberal access to assault weapons available with **** all restrictions.

Right to own a hand gun.... to defend your self/property.... yep I can understand that.

Right to own hunting weapons/shotguns.... yep I can see the arguements for that too

Whats that sir, you need an assault rifle? No. I'm not having that.......

I am seeing a lot of comments by a lot of people on Twiiter and on the news calling this a terrible "tragedy". Tragedy just doesn't seem like the right word, it implies a element of the accidental.

Well, statistically you are far more likely to be safe than to be shot while watching a movie.

So yes, it was partly an accident as the moviegoers were desperately unlucky to be in the wrong theatre at the wrong time. That said, serious questions need to be asked about the lapses in security and gaps in legislation that allowed the event to occur, if any. One life lost needlessly is one too many.

1254:

According to the Associated Press, the youngest victim was six years old and is being treated at Children's Hospital Colorado. The condition of the child is not know.

On the local Denver news channel it says the youngest victim at the children's hospital is 6 but that there is a 3month old baby being treated at the univ. hospital.

Â