12 shot dead, 38 injured at Batman premiere in Denver, USA.

The_Rev

There's no doubting his guilt but what about his sanity? Aileen Wuornos was executed when she was clearly insane.

It's a good point, Coda. And it's something that his lawyers will hammer away at.

You could argue that anyone who would pull a stunt like that is insane....and if insanity is the key to NOT being executed, the law cannot be considered much of a deterrent. Not that it ever really was, anyway.

I personally think his courtroom antics were staged....I think he's quite sane, just a homicidal maniac.

I agree, for the clearly guilty, if they commit the crime in a death penalty state, then justice should be carried out swiftly.

Isn't anyone who is found guilty 'clearly guilty'?

No...you could have a crime that is caught on videotape (clearly guilty)...or a crime brought to trial where a jury deliberates evidence and arguments and brings in a guilty verdict... biased juries have put innocent men in prison for years in this country, and will continue to.

No...you could have a crime that is caught on videotape (clearly guilty)...

So, the videotaped (are things seen on 'videotape' always as they appear to be?) are to be executed more quickly (sorry, are to be the recipients of swifter 'justice') than the other people found guilty beyond reasonable doubt?

I think in this particular case there is little doubt of this man's guilt, but you have to question his sanity. Diagnosed Bi Polar shows that there were some known mental health problems. And due to the nature of mental health, it's always an ambiguous process, one professional's opinion may differ from another's.

Yeah I know but it shouldn't be like that! He should get treated like the worthless piece of shit that he is. He took the lives of many innocent people. He doesn't deserve any human rights. The fact that he could end up living in comfort on death row for YEARS is an absolute joke!

Stuff like this will be repeated over and over again in many countries in the world ( especially in America ) the reason it is so unjust is because of 2 reasons.

In the western world we have 2 things that many other cuntries dont have.

1- Do gooders

2- A sence of fair play.

In the western world we have 2 things that many other cuntries dont have.

1- Do gooders

2- A sence of fair play.

I'm confused. Are you saying that's a bad thing?

Yeah I know but it shouldn't be like that! He should get treated like the worthless piece of shit that he is. He took the lives of many innocent people. He doesn't deserve any human rights. The fact that he could end up living in comfort on death row for YEARS is an absolute joke!
He's waiting to die. He is in essence already dead. He's not living in luxury. Every waking (and probably sleeping) hour is spent thinking about what he might have done different in his life. I can't imagine a worse hell. If anything, an access to 'luxury and nice things' would serve as a torment that this; and more; is what he has done himself out of and will never again experience as a free man. The notion that he's getting some free ride is to me grossly misunderstanding the situation. That even ignores the whole discussion of whether capital punishment in and of itself is the right way to go. But if; for the purposes of this discussion; we accept that it is the right way to go, then no I don't for one minute accept that time spent on death row is easy time.

I personally think that life would be far worse than the death penalty.It may be hard to understand but with the death penalty it is over,but with life it is never over till it dosent matter anymore.Also having to mix with the general prison population would not be an easy thing cause I am sure that all prisons are full of nutters and you could get done just for looking at someone the wrong way.

Â