Michael Owen - where did it all go wrong?

TRS-T

He should go and play in the Championship for 6months to prove himself. Why he thinks he should play in the Premier League is beyond me.

Why should he? He's good enough to play at a top level. He doesn't need to play football to pay bills or anything so if he hasn't got a suitable offer that he likes there's no need to go and play for an average team just because he can.

1) If he was good enough he'd be playing

2) It's fairly common knowledge that he doesn't actually really deep down want to play, he just wants the money to help him build his dream racing stables, He's not skint by any means but he's also not THAT rich in footballing terms either. To say he enjoys gambling would be an understatement

I'd be quite surprised if he moved out of England. He still lives in the village where he grew up in North Wales as far as I am aware. The only time he has been away from there is the year he was in Madrid. Surely any club he joins would have to be commutable from Flint?

He should go and play in the Championship for 6months to prove himself. Why he thinks he should play in the Premier League is beyond me.

Why should he? He's good enough to play at a top level. He doesn't need to play football to pay bills or anything so if he hasn't got a suitable offer that he likes there's no need to go and play for an average team just because he can.

That's a stupid argument. He has quite clearly had offers from top level teams in England and Europe, he just decided not to accept them.

That's a stupid argument. He has quite clearly had offers from top level teams in England and Europe, he just decided not to accept them.

He quite clearly hasn't, otherwise he'd have accepted one of them.

Except he said on Twitter he had offers from Europe but wanted to stay in England. Like I said before, he doesn't need to play. He will only accept a deal that is right for him. Moving to Europe or Stoke isn't.

He does, he has four kids, three of whom are at school. He lives in the same village now as the one he grew up in, and he commuted to Newcastle from there when he was a Newcastle player. It would be very very odd if he suddenly decided to move house after all this time.

Except he said on Twitter he had offers from Europe but wanted to stay in England. Like I said before, he doesn't need to play. He will only accept a deal that is right for him. Moving to Europe or Stoke isn't.

Well he isn't going to come out and say he has been offered **** all is he?

Well he isn't going to come out and say he has been offered **** all is he?

Are you seriously telling me you think he's had no offers?

Â