General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gen, hope you had a good christmas.

I hate complaining but i think someone needs a word with some of the staff in lower holte L2 - we bought 2 pizza pods and they both had a best before date of over a week old on them so we went back with them where we were told "dont worry it's just a sticker" and they really tried to not exchange or refund them, in the end they said "well if you're going to be funny about it just have your money back then". Not good service at all when it was clearly them that were in the wrong!

General,

In the North Stand Upper there is a section of seats right in the middle that have a kind of gate to get through to them, they are padded and have arm rests.

What are these seats for? Sponsors or guests?

I ask because my ST is directly along side them and more often than not they have a number of away fans in, Ive seen scuffles and arguments in the past and its not exactly what I want my 6yr old to see.

Is there no way of ensuring these seats are ony given to home fans or if not, that away fans are removed for over celebrating or jeering etc..

Hi Gen,

Just a quick thought. I was in London a few weeks ago and I went by train...I went to WH smith in Birmingham New Street and was looking at the magazines on offer, had a look in the sports section, and I was quite surprised by what I'd seen. I saw Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool magazines, even a Newcastle United magazine, even a BIRMINGHAM CITY magazine...but no issue of Claret & Blue on sale? Over the years in various newsagents and supermarkets too I've seen this, almost every freelance newsagent that sells magazines in Birmingham has Birmingham City magazines and Manchester United magazines for sale. Then, when I got to London, at the WH Smith at the train station, it was the same magazines minus the Birmingham City one and there were Tottenham and West Ham magazines for sale there. It seems that the cities in question have their local teams magazines for sale in Wh Smith terminals around the city the club is located in.

So here is my question, have you ever thought about the sale of Aston Villa magazines in newsagents or Wh Smith in terminals for train stations and/or airports around Birmingham? I'm sure they would be a huge hit for those who are choosing something to read for a long distance journey, and it would also raise the profile of the club at the same time...I was with 3 other Villa fans on my journey to London and they said that they would have loved to buy one for the trip.

Just a thought Gen

All the best

Regarding the customer service, I think we have issues at VP.

I sit in the Upper Trinity so get drinks etc at the hatches near the Holte End ( I guess) - I asked for a coffee, the girl repled " huh, we aint got any left" - I said "OK, how about hot chocolate" she repled - none left - nothing left.

I tried further along and asked the same questiion - the girl went into the storeroom and brought out two long batches of Coffee and Hot Chocolate !!

Last season there was a manager there I think - he was excellent, but don't think he's there this season.

Just thought you oughta know Gen.

Happy New Year to you bud.

General,

Given the poor season that the Browns have had and local news suggesting Randy is to wield the axe on backroom staff and do anything to get it right there, will this impact on our progress. I ask because our success, our turnaround has been noted in the Browns community, i just hope that it doesn't become perceived that we are content and attentions can be prioritised back in Cleveland. Am gutted they went 4-12 its a real shame after last year.

Thanks Gen, Happy New Year, here's to January.

Jon

General Krulak here:

1. Claret and Blue: I will check and see what the situation is with retailers and the sale of the magazine. My sense is that there is a cost to having the magazine in the store and that it has been determined that the cost would not be covered by the sales...but I will check.

2. TimTheVillan: I have passed on your comment to Alison Plant.

Hi Gen, hope you had a good christmas.

I hate complaining but i think someone needs a word with some of the staff in lower holte L2 - we bought 2 pizza pods and they both had a best before date of over a week old on them so we went back with them where we were told "dont worry it's just a sticker" and they really tried to not exchange or refund them, in the end they said "well if you're going to be funny about it just have your money back then". Not good service at all when it was clearly them that were in the wrong!

Anorakky additional info - it is perfectly legal to sell food past its Best Before date -(except eggs which must be sold not later than 7 days before the Best Before date).. However if food has a Use By date it cannot be sold after this date (although it may be repacked with a later date with the packers permission).

Must get out more ....

Gen

A quick suggestion from one of my mates, which I thought was a good idea.

It's well publicised that Acorns need 2m by March.

How about Villa (and if possible all the midlands clubs) having a campaign to raise the cash, and publicising it by having a donation-ometer on the scoreboard each week showing how much we have raised (Blue Peter style - if you know what that is).

Get boxes and buckets outside the grounds each week etc.. and if we can see how much we are raising, it;ll make us all feel much more part of it.

Also, one for the club, how about donating the gate receipts for a match to the appeal - must be getting on for a million at least I would have thought - Arsenal did this the other week.

Paul