FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Bit early for the thread perhaps, but some succulent morsels of cold hard fact doing the rounds on the information super highway; Turkish and Czech leagues are back in this year, but that's not all; a brand spanking new league has been licenced! That's right folks, it's the news you've been waiting years for; you too can now relive all the glory and spectacle of the, erm... Saudi Professional League.

Apparently EA staff have flown over to do some face-capping of the league's marquee players, so come September you can marvel at the virtually-realised wonder of such titans of the Arabian game as the mercurial Nasser Al-Shamrani or the evergreen Mohammad Al-Shalhoub.

Bonus level! Not content with all of this, EA are also bestowing us with an additional two teams from the Saudi second-tier. Truly, this will be a game fit for Allah himself.

:D

I hate the fact that I know I'm going to buy this.

So many other games that I'd rather buy, yet I know I'll choose this first. I find it quite sad when my DVD shelf already has 09-12.

We were ridiculously good on 09, helped by the fact that it was much easier then to exploit pace. All you had to do was play a 4-3-3 with gabby and Ash as the wide forwards. Then if in doubt, hoof a long ball down the line and they'd run onto it nearly every time. And you had an overrated (on the game I mean) John Carew waiting to bury any crosses.

Ha, Carew was unstoppable on '09. Fun times.

Not heard anything particularly exciting about FIFA 13, but then again I can see why they wouldn't want to change too much. All the issues with bugs that I seemed to have with FIFA 11 were ironed out, it seems, in last year's edition. More depth to career mode would be nice, and I'd love to see Villa Park in the game but won't be holding my breath on that one. I'll be interested to see what the new set pieces are like.

Hope they improve career mode this time. The whole clubs getting taken over was good but the fact that it was never when you were managing them. Would be nice to be Villa manager then get taken over by some filthy rich bastard.
I've got two saves, pre-Jan update and post-Jan update where I'm in charge of an oil-rich, £140m-a-year transfer budget Villa. :P

I'll tell you how to do it if you like. It'll only cost you YOUR SOUL. MWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAA!

I've never got beyond a season on career mode. Sounds silly, but it just takes too long!

A few years ago I loved the Be A Pro (or virtual pro) seasons. But thought it was ruined in 12. Much preferred the old way that you got your stats up compared to this achievement system they do now. Ruined it, i thought.

FIFA, as a football game between player A and Player B is as good as any football game ever on FIFA 12, I believe.

BUtall the rest of the stuff on there like career mode, clubs, UT etc et isn't great. Imo

I'd quite like it if they took out the seeming necessity to use the trick system to get past a defender. The only way to beat a player with pace seems to be if he's been caught out of position. Or maybe it's just because I'm admittedly shit.

I'd quite like to enjoy a football game again. I've never been good at FIFA and I seem to unable to improve. Every attack is out muscled by the defender once it gets shoulder to shoulder it seems.

More flippantly, are Rangers in it? troll.gif

I'd quite like it if they took out the seeming necessity to use the trick system to get past a defender. The only way to beat a player with pace seems to be if he's been caught out of position. Or maybe it's just because I'm admittedly shit.

Hate to say it, CHindie, but I think it's the latter :)

I very very rarely use tricks (because I'm not really good enough) but I can still beat players. I think they've got the right balance at the moment in that you can't just kick it past a defender with someone like Agbonlahor and give them no chance

Hope they improve career mode this time. The whole clubs getting taken over was good but the fact that it was never when you were managing them. Would be nice to be Villa manager then get taken over by some filthy rich bastard.
I've got two saves, pre-Jan update and post-Jan update where I'm in charge of an oil-rich, £140m-a-year transfer budget Villa. :P

I'll tell you how to do it if you like. It'll only cost you YOUR SOUL. MWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAA!

How about if i promise not to PM you pictures of my ballbag?

Hate to say it, CHindie, but I think it's the latter :)

I very very rarely use tricks (because I'm not really good enough) but I can still beat players. I think they've got the right balance at the moment in that you can't just kick it past a defender with someone like Agbonlahor and give them no chance

Oh I'm not good at the game at all. I just seem unable to improve. I refuse to use the trick system but I struggle game after game to get past a defence. The moment a defender is shoulder to shoulder, the attack is over it seems. I dunno what I'm doing wrong. Been like it for every FIFA I've tried, and it's seemingly not the case for anyone else.

I used to be fairly good at PES... :(

The crossing and corner system is wank too. I could count the headers I've scored from crosses since FIFA 10's release on 2 hands. I could count the goals from corners on the hands of someone who has been in 2 unfortunate hand being introduced to saw accidents I think.

Even with tricks it can be really hard to get past defenders, especially if you're playing Clubs I find and the opposition aren't using an Any but using AI instead.

I really hope they make some changes with regards to the online play rules. I'm so sick and tired of playing against unsporting bell-ends who quit out, especially if you just got a really difficult to obtain accomplishment to improve your Virtual Pro. I think it's really shit that the game doesn't register your accomplishments unless you finish the entire match. So infuriating. They need to really re-assess the online gaming rules for FIFA13 in my opinion.

I'd like to see a bit more customisation with Clubs too. An ability to design your own kit if you preferred that over using a pre-existing one, and even something as simple as getting assigned your own squad number so you didn't just get the number depending what position you play in a match. It's just little things like that that can make it a better experience.

How about if i promise not to PM you pictures of my ballbag?
Why would not sending me that encourage me? :winkold:

I've actually mentioned it before anyway, but the key is Wigan. You need to start a career in charge of Wigan. In the first or second season, Villa get taken over (you'll see it flash up on the news feed). Once that happens you need to over-achieve your league objective with the Latics and the Villa hotseat should then be one of the jobs on offer, with a ~£140m annual transfer and ~£500k annual wage budget.

I am pretty crap at FIFA and football games in general but my mates refuse to play me because I am just so **** difficult on it

I can pull the odd skill out of the bag and leave the defender looking like a clearing in the woods but my main strength in the game is defense and midfield I can close a game out and put some decent attacking moves together but as soon as I get into the final third I am pretty **** useless, I normally end up picking up a shoddy goal in the 85th minute and leaving them throwing their pads against the wall.

I cant really be arsed to play it by myself I get about 6 games into the league and knock it off completely bored of it

I used to be rubbish in the final third, when I played FIFA semi-regularly. Could control games but wouldn't be able to create killer chances; always found it difficult to get past the defence. When I started playing more, I got used to the runs, finding space, timing, using pace, etc. Then, after practice and perseverance, I started to win regularly on Legendary difficulty. I've always stuck to World Class on FIFA 12, though - it seems to be more difficult in general.

Â