Most popular English football clubs?

rooster85

After 7th place, he's lost the plot

And if the vermin-felchers are in 20th place I'll eat my cock, dare I say it, even small heath have more fans

Not really, Leeds are the 3rd biggest City in England behind Birmingham, one club city too. It's still probably wrong mind.

Leeds City population is really much less than that, it has the largest student population in the country iirc its population is swelled by approx 250,000 students each year, these are mainly never ever going to support Dirty Leeds.

And if you want to take the larger Urban Area argument then Greater Manchester, the West Midlands and even Merseyside have far larger populations than the West Yorkshire Urban Area, who incidentally have more than one football team as there's at least Huddersfield and Bradford off the top of my head. If its just the cities population even Liverpool's population is bigger than Leeds btw, though both are bigger than Manchester. Liverpool and Manchester though have more than one council area (Manc has 13, Liverpool has 5)

The article I got it from was January. How old that is I don't know, maybe the McLeish factor had a impact...I don't think even I liked Villa last season.

Â