Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

I do think someone at Villa needs to say something, one way or another our credibility as a club has come into question - wrong or right for that alone - silence is not golden.

I imagine this sort of statement will happen

Lambert: 'Vlaar was one of a number of targets we were looking at and we always maintained we hadn't yet made a decision as there were several other factors to consider. Because the meeting with the club leaked out, the rumours of a deal being completed came out prematurely and incorrectly. We were looking to continue talks at a more advanced stage and had not set a time scale for any move to happen. Regrettably now we have to answer allegations that we have acted inproperly etc etc..........'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody's got "blind faith", it's just that most people aren't jumping to conclusions and using something we don't know much about as yet another stick to beat Lerner with.

Ignoring the evidence out there and assuming Lerner is doing everything correct isn't blind faith?

What evidence?

And who's assuming Lerner is doing everything correct? Most people aren't assuming anything and are waiting for all the information to come out.

Nobody's got "blind faith", it's just that most people aren't jumping to conclusions and using something we don't know much about as yet another stick to beat Lerner with.

Ignoring the evidence out there and assuming Lerner is doing everything correct isn't blind faith?

What evidence?

And who's assuming Lerner is doing everything correct? Most people aren't assuming anything and are waiting for all the information to come out.

Good thing I updated before I posted cause I was just about post the same thing, Mantis. So, "this".

A lot of the stuff discussed on VT are issues we don't know every detail about but they are discussed with what evidence there is.

Those things are usually discussed in a manner that makes clear we don't know all of the info. But in this case it appears as though those who are unhappy have decided that they know more than enough in order to make their minds up about something. That's quite frankly a very stupid way to discuss anything. Being ignorant of the facts yet obstinate in your attack of the club's approach.

This place would be a bit boring if people only posted on things when all the information is out there.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to question things given the quotes from people at the club, the player and the agent. Theres more evidence on this issue than a lot of things that get discussed.

No one knows every detail behind MON and his transfer dealings but mantis you're still happy to share your opinion and question things given the details you do know. It's no different to this.

This all seems very strange.

Vlaar visits Villa

Vlaar/Feyenoord confirm above

Vlaar happy to join

Feyenoord happy to sell

No movement

Feyenoord unhappy - deal must be done quick now

No movement

Vlarr - deal off (messed around).

As twitter would probably put it:

#feyenoorddesparatetosell

#somethingnotquiteright

Are we better off out of this? Was it all a smokescreen? Does PL prefer another (i.e. Ramis, a.n.other).

If, as suggested, the club confirmed that there wouldn't be any signings whilst the team were away on tour then surely this is just Feyenord trying to flog one of their own to be able to move in the market themselves (I hear they are pretty hard up financially).

Haven't heard about anyone else being in for Vlaar.

Vlaar visits Villa

Vlaar happy to join

Feyenoord happy to sell

No movement

No movement

in all that no comment from Villa. It seems Feyenoord are pushing for a deal while we seem content to wait if we are interested

This all seems very strange.

Vlaar visits Villa

Vlaar happy to join

Feyenoord happy to sell

No movement

No movement

As twitter would probably put it:

#feyenoorddesparatetosell

#somethingnotquiteright

Are we better off out of this? Was it all a smokescreen? Does PL prefer another (i.e. Ramis, a.n.other).

If, as suggested, the club confirmed that there wouldn't be any signings whilst the team were away on tour then surely this is just Feyenord trying to flog one of their own to be able to move in the market themselves (I hear they are pretty hard up financially).

Haven't heard about anyone else being in for Vlaar.

Good post.

I agree.

/\ This

What do we actually know.... 1) Vlaar and his representatives visited Villa for a 'chat'

2) He hasn't heard anything from the club and has made a statement to that affect whilst attempting to avoid burning any bridges with the club he currently plays for.

Do any of us KNOW he was promised a move or that he'd play a major part in or new look team?

Do any of us know if he's even our first choice signing at CB, lot of people still linking us to Ramis?

Is this in fact an indication of a buy to sell policy?

Has Lambert spent all of his money already?

We actually know very little, and apart from a few media interviews which could be argued have been published to present Feyenoord and Vlaar in a certain light we certainly have no evidence of anything regarding the running of the club.

Think people just need to chill out and see what happens, Lambert has made a coulpe of decent signings so far and the fact that Vlaar was spotted at the club means he's continuing to look at the right kind of players in my opinion. I'm more than happy to sit back and see what else happens without worrying too much.

It's funny because this only really became public because a fan snapped his representatives at Villa park whilst on a tour and since then this saga has been played out in public. I wonder how many players have come though Villa park in the last week or two without a picture being taken.

Exactly!

I've always been proud of the fact we dont do our business through the press, although that can mean frustrating silences.

But now despite the fact that a fair few people claim not to rate the player, or know much about him, this is clearly evidence that something is wrong witht he club...... it's a joke.

For all we know Vlaar could be one of many players who have been to the club for a chat and it's one fo those other players we're gunning for as our first choice.

Equally it could be that we need to get some wages off the balance book before Lerner will committ to adding what will be a fairly well paid player on a long contract.

But either way there's no point getting upset about, the more realistic of us would expect things to go quiet while the team is on tour.

It's funny because this only really became public because a fan snapped his representatives at Villa park whilst on a tour and since then this saga has been played out in public. I wonder how many players have come though Villa park in the last week or two without a picture being taken.

My thoughts exactly. I think there's many more than just Vlaar.

To be honest I highly highly doubt Lambert would have been given a transfer kitty of what £4.8m??? Jesus Christ he would have got that @ Norwich!!!! I would think we are just looking at other options! Calm Down!!!!!! :D

UTV!

Again, what evidence?

The quotes from the club, the player and his agent.

Its more than what there is to suggest we are after carroll but there's still a 22 page thread for that. Why don't you tell people discussing that to stop specualting till we've heard every single detail.

There is a thread about MON signings, we don't know every detail about them but why aren't people being told to stop speculating about what happened during his time here?

In regards to this transfer there's enough there to question whats going on.

We are talking about an owner who has failed with one sports team and with us he bought us after a poor season and after terrible decisions we then went and had a worse season last year.

I think its perfectly reasonable to question such an owner on his current decision making.

After MON left a lot of fans were happy to just have 100% faith in lerner and thats resulted in 2 relegation worried seasons. I don't get why its so bad to question someone who has been poor at their job.

Again, what evidence?

The quotes from the club, the player and his agent.

Its more than what there is to suggest we are after carroll but there's still a 22 page thread for that. Why don't you tell people discussing that to stop specualting till we've heard every single detail.

There is a thread about MON signings, we don't know every detail about them but why aren't people being told to stop speculating about what happened during his time here?

In regards to this transfer there's enough there to question whats going on.

We are talking about an owner who has failed with one sports team and with us he bought us after a poor season and after terrible decisions we then went and had a worse season last year.

I think its perfectly reasonable to question such an owner on his current decision making.

After MON left a lot of fans were happy to just have 100% faith in lerner and thats resulted in 2 relegation worried seasons. I don't get why its so bad to question someone who has been poor at their job.

Discuss and question all you want, I don't care. But you're quite willing to jump to the conclusions that Randy's done something wrong without really knowing.

If Villa comes out and says that we were looking at other players too and didn't promise Vlaar or Feyenoord anything, would that be evidence too but for Villa not being that bad at all? Or would you call Randy, PL and Faulkner liars as you trust Feyenoord more?