Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

Thinking on it, why would Walt leave that book sitting by the toilet for just anyone to find?? Surely a part of some plan, but what?
There was a brief clip of the book in the bedroom in a previous episode. Someone on Twitter speculated correctly that it would be the book which tripped WW up.

I doubt he left it in the toilet and it shows he's not as infallible as he had come to believe.

Thinking on it, why would Walt leave that book sitting by the toilet for just anyone to find?? Surely a part of some plan, but what?

Not really, he just left a poetry book on the shitter. Shit happens, he may never have seen the note from Gale. Hank had to find out somehow, it's nice that it was something so innocuous. Like Al Capone being caught out by the tax man.

But was this book not found at the scene of the crime, when Gale was killed. Which is what links it to Walt?!? Walt has obviously seen the note from Gale, hence the previous clipped that was played back when Hank joked that W.W. was Walt.

No I think they were separate books.

The one found at the scene of the crime was a book about chemistry & how Walt cooks meth which was written by Gale, addressing Walt as W.W.

The book Hank found on the shitter was a completely separate book that was given to Walt by someone else as a gift, also addressing Walt as W.W.

That's when the penny dropped for Hank that the W.W Gale was writing about was actually Walt.

If that makes sense?

(I think that's correct anyway)

Watch the clip from Season 4. It's a booklet made by Gale and he dedicates it to WW with a quote from one of his poems (cuz he's quirky like that)

After saying 'ya got me' Walt then explains that it's a Walt Whitman poem. He must be a fan himself, which is why Gael gave him the book. All that matters is Hank has proof that Gale (he can compare the handwriting) gave Walt something, which is when everything clicks

One theory is that it wasn't Gale that gave him the book, but Gretchen from Gray Matter Technologies, under her maiden name.

Just a theory.

Yeah I saw that theory bandied about. The book could also be from an old friend called George Bennett, or the woman down the road called Gill Baker, but it would make absolutely no sense for a major plot point reveal like the one we've just had.

One theory is that it wasn't Gale that gave him the book, but Gretchen from Gray Matter Technologies, under her maiden name.

Just a theory.

Except for then it'd be signed GS, seeing as her name is Gretchen Schwartz.

She's married to Elliot Schwartz.

Don't get me wrong, I think the theory is crap. :P

You're gonna have to help me out guys, because I'm a pretty old fella an my memory ain't so good. I remember the book, but what's implied by the WW inscription? Its his name after all.

And did we all spot the hint that the cancer may be back?

The WW on its own means nothing, it's more the fact the Gale, who worked for Gus cooking Meth, gave a gift to Walt. The handwriting is a match

I think the cancer is back, which is why he'll end up going out with a bang

Just a theory.

Yeah but the point is, why would she sign it under her maiden name?

It makes no sense.

Just a theory.

Yeah but the point is, why would she sign it under her maiden name?

It makes no sense.

The people that come up with theories like this are probably the same people that believe Gus is still alive (lol). Occam's razor is a notion they simply refuse to accept

And did we all spot the hint that the cancer may be back?

If I am not mistaken, the punch mark in the paper towel dispenser (if that is what you are indeed referencing) was from the first time Walt was diagnosed...

You are mistaken. ;) The hand dryer got smashed up in S02E10 when Walt was told he had an 80% reduction in the tumour. He was trying to cook through the last of the first barrel of stolen methylamine with Jesse to raise the $700K (ish) he needed, and he had accepted he was terminal. He smashed the hand dryer up because not dying was not part of his plan. IMHO.

I started watching from the beginning again the day Season 5 started...

Â