Next goal from a corner...

PieFacE

I said we'd score from one today when I noticed that Bannan had suddenly learnt how to take (some of) them properly. However it still didn't come from him!

Let's have always inswingers, Westwood on right, Bannan on left (still had at least 1 floaty and 1 hit the first man, but most looked deadly).

Hoodoo is over, let's have plenty more from now on. Tekkers, Vlaar, Clark etc. should be eating up goals from corners. I noticed on Sky that Laursen scored something like 11 goals in 90 apps for us. What a great help if our current defenders (or strikers for that matter!) could pitch in with goals like that.

That was actually a foul on the defender from Benteke. He was all over him. Not that I care :)

Not too mention the defender on the line who was about to clear it off the line before Albrighton body checked him back into the net ;)

To be fair both Clark and Baker should have scored off previous corners. It looks like we have got the delivery sorted but finishing needs a significant amount of practice.

Just to put the cat among the pigeons, the only reason Westwood took the corner was because Bannan was on the other side of the pitch and couldn't be arsed to trot on over to take it. There was a bit of a nod and a wink between the two, but Westwood's decision to take the corner was born more from luck than judgement.

Â