US Presidential Election 2012

legov

with the recent exception of Bush Snr , most defending Presidents seem to have increased their vote numbers second time around

George W even increased his by 12 million :shock:

Obama was disappointing.

But talk is cheap, and Romney just pulls fairy tales out of his arse as he goes along.

Obama has to debate using facts and reality. Rmoney just spouts anything that sounds good for the audience on the day.

A Used car salesman could be president, given half the population out here. So easily suckered Americans, and the ignorant ones do deserve Rmoney.

It's not about what a man says, it's what he does.

with the recent exception of Bush Snr , most defending Presidents seem to have increased their vote numbers second time around

Wasn't that a decrease of 84m across the country, outweighed by an increase of 96m in Florida, courtesy of brother Jeb? ;)

Wasn't that a decrease of 84m across the country, outweighed by an increase of 96m in Florida, courtesy of brother Jeb? ;)

:-)

The only real surprise with Jeb having Bush blood in him is he didn't cast the votes for Kerry by mistake

It's not about what a man says, it's what he does.

I do not like Romney and can hardly listen to him speak, but I would say Obama is no better than him regarding that comment. He promised a heck of a lot before elected and now blames a lot of his failures on bipartisanship. Bipartisanship has been around for ages and is nothing new, so if you are going to use that as an excuse, then you can bore right off. Both of these candidates are very unappealing and at this point I still do not think I will vote in the election. If I vote I want it to be because I support a candidate, not just because I dislike one less than the other.

Just read an interesting piece online , it's rather long but the short of it appears to be that he has achieved more than people seem to realise ....

In short, when judging Obama’s record so far, conservatives measure him against their fears, liberals against their hopes, and the rest of us against our pocketbooks. But if you measure Obama against other presidents—arguably the more relevant yardstick—a couple of things come to light. Speaking again in terms of sheer tonnage, Obama has gotten more done than any president since LBJ. But the effects of some of those achievements have yet to be felt by most Americans, often by design. Here, too, Obama is in good historical company.

Full Article

Just read an interesting piece online , it's rather long but the short of it appears to be that he has achieved more than people seem to realise ....

This (doesn't mean I agree with everything he's done)

In short, when judging Obama’s record so far, conservatives measure him against their fears, liberals against their hopes, and the rest of us against our pocketbooks. But if you measure Obama against other presidents—arguably the more relevant yardstick—a couple of things come to light. Speaking again in terms of sheer tonnage, Obama has gotten more done than any president since LBJ. But the effects of some of those achievements have yet to be felt by most Americans, often by design. Here, too, Obama is in good historical company.

Full Article

Doesn't seem the most objective piece I've ever read but then you read the comments and realise that by comparison, it is a work of literary genius. Scary old place that America.

Comments on online news pieces always have their share of moronic replies. Those are no worse than many of the British ones.

My personal favourite is the Bradford Telegraph and Argus, a paper that thrives on bad news. Today's most read stories:

Bradford cocaine gang is jailed for more than 40 years

City centre incident: Man arrested after alleged assault on female Community Support Officer

Incident in Bradford city centre

Rats in cellar cost Bradford restaurant £15,000

Brothers charged with 11 terrorism offences

Bateman signs new Bradford Bulls deal

Crime suspects must stay away from Bradford estate

Police hunt man who sexually assaulted Baildon woman

Westfield 'must lodge new plans over Broadway Debenhams store'

Police hunt suspected cabbie who raped Baildon woman

These are all too recent to have comments yet, but when they do, they'll be doozies.

Comments on online news pieces always have their share of moronic replies. Those are no worse than many of the British ones.

My personal favourite is the Bradford Telegraph and Argus, a paper that thrives on bad news. Today's most read stories:

Bradford cocaine gang is jailed for more than 40 years

City centre incident: Man arrested after alleged assault on female Community Support Officer

Incident in Bradford city centre

Rats in cellar cost Bradford restaurant £15,000

Brothers charged with 11 terrorism offences

Bateman signs new Bradford Bulls deal

Crime suspects must stay away from Bradford estate

Police hunt man who sexually assaulted Baildon woman

Westfield 'must lodge new plans over Broadway Debenhams store'

Police hunt suspected cabbie who raped Baildon woman

These are all too recent to have comments yet, but when they do, they'll be doozies.

Reminds me of a lot of Singaporean online forums actually, particularly the more political ones, and even some of the comments in the opinion section of the print version of the newspaper as well.

Â