Forest take over

b6bloke

Also like Forest but can see no good news in yet more rich arabs taking over footballing institutions to use as their playthings and further distorting the already imbalanced transfer market. Wholly depressing.

Who actually has owners who have some connection with and genuinely care about their club anymore? They're a dying breed. In the Premiership there are very few. Kenwright, Whelan (even if he does shoot his mouth off), Sullivan (even if he is a scumbag), Swansea board has 20% fan representation, Jeremy Peace and Delia.

Is that equally why Leeds are the antichrist? :lol:
No, Leeds were widely despised long before Clough's 44 days. I hated them right through the Revie era. Strange that I went to Leeds University (and stayed here ever since), really.

If enough clubs get taken over then the Premier League will be the way the old div 1 used to be, where just about any club could win the league.Better than the system we have now where you know who the top 5-6 yeams are going to be before the season starts !

New owners wanted an 'iconic' manager. But they obviously couldn't find one so they're now in talks with Mick McCarthy.

I know you have a completely different view of McCarthy, BOF, but I really like him and think he'd do a good job at Forest. Would love to see him there and it'd be great to see him back on MOTD in the future, with Forest in the top flight.

McCarthy WILL have more $$$ at Forest,that was lacking at Wolves, so maybe he will do allright.He should certainly do better although I personally do not think that he is Premier League management quality.

Johnson, Doyle, o'hara, fletcher, hunt etc

In fairness, they were all decent signings for Wolves level.

Ruled himself out though? Interesting, you'd have thought he'd be dying to get back into management and that Forest job could be a nice one, especially if they have a bit of cash to spend.

Curbishley will be next on the list, I'm sure.

I thought that, but then these owners obviously want to make this a new revolution. They sacked the current manager straight away, without even giving him a chance. They obviously want to stamp this as being the new Forest and 'their era'.

Davies would be a good option though.

Â