Words of Wisdom

PussEKatt

I hate t-shirts with stuff printed on them related to drinking beer and getting drunk. I mean people can wear what they want, I just think they're really unoriginal and dare I say, common?

Things like, "I don't get drunk, I get awesome!", or "I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk (alcoholics go to meetings)", that sort of thing.

Then again I hate the drinking culture. That doesn't mean I don't drink, I just hate it when people feel the need to show off about it like it's an achievement. There's more to life.

Me too, Ginko. Another along those lines is "Also available in sober." Mildly amusing on a 17-year old, totally twaaaattishhh on a bloke 20 years older (no, not me, I'm even older than that unfortunately.)

I have one single t-shirt with a "slogan" on, it was a gift from the missus a good few years back but bloody hell its given me amusement over the years and I could have sold it at least ten times in the time I've owned it. It simply says....

NO... I don't have a **** Nectar Card!

I've been offered money for it from shop assistants the length and bredth of the UK, who all claim the t-shirt to be brilliant and they definitely want one

I just want to go on record saying that I have nothing against t-shirts with amusing slogans on them, it's more the fact that all I used to see in my teens and when I was at uni was arseholes in these t-shirts with alcohol-related phrases emblazoned on their chests. They're not funny, they're just cringing.

Well Ic an go on record and say I do have something against t shirts with slogans on them. Just cringeable.

I went to some Car show at the NEC last year, and I spotted a guy with a t shirt that just had slogans all over it. Like, you know those football teams in the Norewegian league, for example, that have sponsors all over the shirts. It was like that, but with slogans.

And they were all stuff like "We're gonna have sex later, because I'm stronger than you". Basiclaly insinuating sexual assault. Just not even remotely funny.

Anyway, if I HAD to wear a t shirt with a slogan, it would be this one:

i_3_the_colorblind_black_tshirt-p235206478364149646b7axi_400.jpg

The older you get, the more inappropriate it is to wear t-shirts with slogans.

It's an inverse relationship. At 20, it's milldly OK, if it's a half decent t-shirt/slogan. Then every year after that, the law of diminishing returns is enacted. IMO, anyone wearing any t-shirt with 'amusing' slogan after say the age of 35-40 should be both ashamed, and/or shot.

I'm In the anti slogan t- shirt category , in fact I won't buy any clothing if the logo is bigger than a few cm ... I.e the new villa training tops with the huge avfc on the back are a no go for me as was the what could have been a nice track suit top last year until they put that huge lion on it

Out of interest any of the older VT'ers ever own a "Frankie says...." or a " choose life " t-shirt ... That was probably the first time I can remember slogans on t-shirts

A mate of mine (Yorkshireman, which is relevant as you will see in a moment) had one that he used to wear under a normal shirt.

He wore it when he went drinking in London pubs. It said "HOW much???"

Â