Petition for the return of James 'The King' Milner

regular_john

I like how we talk about wanting Milner back in every close season. He's like the girl we loved who's now with the successful rich partner, but they don't treat her right and bore her....

Nice. Yes. Loving this...

...make her sit on the bench and give her shiny medals that her and her work-rate mind feel they didn't earn themselves.

Huh?! What rich man gives their girlfriend medals and makes her sit on the bench? BOOOO. BAD ANALOGY.

:lol:

He offers less in defense than El Ahmadi and less in attack than Holman and they both have at least the same workrate as Milner....

... so why do we want him, exactly?

Umm...what?

His role has been filled by our new look central midfield. We don't need him.

Holman has filled Milners position?

the guy hopefully won't be playing more than 10-15 prem games for us....

Holman isn't fit to wipe Milners arse

Nope.

The combination of El Ahmadi and Holman covers everything Milner would ever do for us in central midfield.

Holman has filled Milners position?

Holman isn't fit to wipe Milners arse

Nope.

The combination of El Ahmadi and Holman covers everything Milner would ever do for us in central midfield.

So Milner can do the work of two people? Surely its better to have him then so it frees up another player? :D

I take it on that basis you think Holman and KEA should be starting every game....

KEA i agree with...

Holman should be warming the bench IMO....

Milner alongside KEA would be a force to be reckoned with..

Holmans not gonna cut the mustard

So you're HOPING that one of our signings this summer is a relative failure?

Great start to the new era of positivity.

Still, at least if Lambert reads this thread he will get an inkling of what lies ahead for him...

Out of interest, have you seen him play and know his game??

Apart from bits and bobs, I've only read a little about him so would be interested to hear about why he wont do to well.

Out of interest, have you seen him play and know his game??

Apart from bits and bobs, I've only read a little about him so would be interested to hear about why he wont do to well.

im expecting to him only to be a bit part player based on what other people have reported....

he seems to be a worthy addition but many posters have said he lacks skill and pace but works very hard....

maybe he will slot right in and be a cult hero who knows...

but i doubt there are many on here who are expecting him to one of the first names on the teamsheet

Â