Haircut

irreverentad

After a long week of contemplation, I have finally come to terms with the fact that my hair line is massively receeding and I have got a 'Steve McDonald' which may well lead to a 'Yordan Letchkov'in the future.

Therefore I am considering in investing in some clippers to whip it off. Has anyone else gone through similar?

What Grade should I use? Has it affected how people treat you?

I bought one of these.

Number 3 all over ATM - although I did initially do the full shave, just to see what it looked like (documented somewhere on VT).

As for attitudes, most people seemed indifferent. The wife HATES it though.

**** that clippers shit, let it all grow out, comb it back, mullet

Speaking as a non-shaved-headed-person, I regard shaded-headed-people with suspicion. I would go as far as saying that if I saw one on the same side of the road as I was walking, I would cross the road, so as to avoid the risk of being mugged/raped/murdered/etc

I bought one of these.

Number 3 all over ATM - although I did initially do the full shave, just to see what it looked like (documented somewhere on VT).

Been recommended this one by a mate too http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Super-Taper-Hair-Clipper/dp/B000GI3V1G/ref=sr_1_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1341844129&sr=1-2

I am worried that for client meetings it may be a bit too much. But I think that is just my insecurity of 'McDonald' syndrome.

Speaking as a non-shaved-headed-person, I regard shaded-headed-people with suspicion. I would go as far as saying that if I saw one on the same side of the road as I was walking, I would cross the road, so as to avoid the risk of being mugged/raped/murdered/etc

Don't worry. You would be fine! :winkold:

I bought one of these.

How often do you cut it Mike?

I bought one of these.

About once every 2 or 3 weeks. When it looks scruffy, basically. But this is mainly to stop Mrs M complaining. By choice I'd probably go with weekly.

I object to that statement in the strongest possible terms. I am a bald yet handsome man who uses Wahl Baldfader clippers, and I have never mugged or raped anyone.

I bought one of these.

About once every 2 or 3 weeks. When it looks scruffy, basically. But this is mainly to stop Mrs M complaining. By choice I'd probably go with weekly.

Cheers Mike.

I object to that statement in the strongest possible terms. I am a bald yet handsome man who uses Wahl Baldfader clippers, and I have never mugged or raped anyone.

:lol:

Speaking as a shaved-headed person who enjoys mugging/raping/murdering/et cetera, I find your behaviour both inconvenient and the very height of rudeness.

Cognitive dissonance here, because having been a longhaired student during the 'first skinhead era', I feel much the same.

But I think being a old geezer takes the edge off it somewhat.

I can offer some useful advice to the newbie head shaver, and it is this:

After using clippers on your napper, be sure to soap your entire body, paying attention to the small of your back and anywhere else that fine hair clippings can collect.

Failure to do so will result in prolongued scrotal itching. You have been warned.

I used to use clippers (number 2) and I didn't look like a mugger or rapist.

Now, ironically, when I want to have longer hair, I find myself going thin on top, so will be soon forced back into the clipper lifestyle.

My plan is to cut it short again (not shaved, but close) and get a tan.

After using clippers on your napper, be sure to soap your entire body, paying attention to the small of your back and anywhere else that fine hair clippings can collect.

Failure to do so will result in prolongued scrotal itching. You have been warned.

This post did not end in the way I expected it to when I started reading it...

Noted! :thumb:

My plan is to cut it short again (not shaved, but close) and get a tan.

This is why I need to do it this week. I got a tan in France so I will need do it before I leave to Barcelona on friday so that I can let my head catch up over the weekend.

Â