Match Preview: Liverpool v Villa

villafan306

By Me

Liverpool v Aston Villa

Barclays Premiership

Anfield

Saturday 28th October

Kick Off 15:00

It's 7th vs 11th tomorrow, but before the season started few people would have dared to think that Villa would be the 7th placed team and Liverpool the 11th. But that is how things stand. Villa are unbeaten, seemingly unbeatable after trips to the Emirates Stadium and Stamford Bridge ended in 1-1 draws. Liverpool have been inconsistent and have made their worst start to the season since the Premiership began back in 1992. In fact it has been such a bad start that many scousers are writing off their chances of winning the title - the fact that they had a chance of winning the title is news to me!

However, Anfield has been turned into something of a fortress for them in recent times, they have lost only once in the last 27 games at home which was in the Champions League. On the contrary Villa have failed to win in the last 10 league away games, drawing 5 and losing 5. On the face of it you would predict a Liverpool win or maybe a draw.

But looking at the form of both teams this season will give you a different perspective. Liverpool's players are reportedly unhappy and unsettled with Benitez changing the team every game. The strikers are the main victim of this, neither Crouch, Bellamy, Kuyt and Garcia are all available but it is anyone's guess as to who will actually start the game. Liverpool will bring back the likes of Gerrard and Alonso to the team after they were given a rest in midweek's Carling Cup tie against Reading. No injury or suspension worries for Liverpool though.

Our only injury ahead of this game is Gavin McCann who will apparently faxe a late fitness test before knowing if he will take his place in the team again. If McCann is not fit then Issiah Osbourne is set to make his first Premiership start. Freddy Bouma is also in contention for a start after a promising showing during his substitute appearance against Leicester.

Tomorrow's referee is Steve Bennett.

As far as predictions go BBC (Lawro) says 2-0 to his beloved Liverpool and Sky Sports are a little less biased predicting a 1-0 Villa win. I'm going to park my backside squarely on the fence and predict a 1-1 draw (the outcome in our last 3 league games).

Â