Speculation: Tongo Doumbia (Rennes)

FamousHolteUnion

Lads, I have been scouting African midfielders for the better part of two years now. After careful searching, evaluation, and consultation with my chief assistant , SGC, I have come to the conclusion that Aston Villa should sign this Congolese bloke named Mulumbu. Appears he plays for some unknown team in the West Midlands who cannot afford to wear proper shirts, and just chose to cover their upper body with tesco bags instead. Anyone heard of him?

From the Rennes OS:

"Absent from training on Wednesday morning, Tongo Doumbia must go to England. Rennes midfielder of 22 years must undergo a medical examination to engage with the club West Bromwich Albion, 10th in the last English league."

Though the Bham Mail article was posted a day after that so maybe the medical didn't go to plan and now West Brom are saying no contact was made who knows. We'll find out if and when they sign this guy for real.

From the Rennes OS:

"Absent from training on Wednesday morning, Tongo Doumbia must go to England. Rennes midfielder of 22 years must undergo a medical examination to engage with the club West Bromwich Albion, 10th in the last English league."

Let that be a lesson to all young footballers - miss training and you get sent to West Brom!